Chapter twenty-four

3rd POV

Izuku was sitting still in a hallway of UA, waiting with the rest of his class for the festival to begin. He looked over to see Shouto and Katsuki declaring war to each other before looking over to him. They nodded towards each other and Izuku stood up.

"It's time."

The class all looked out onto the field, and present mic began the introduction.

"Hey! We're about to begin the festival! Are you ready!"

The crowd cheered in response, their eagerness to continue obvious.

"Then let's get started! Let's introduce our first years! Hero classes 1a and 1b, general studies classes c, d, and e, the support courses classes f, g, and h, and finally the business course classes I, j, and k!"

The crowd erupted with cheers, excited to start the festival.

"Now please welcome our Umpire for the day!"

The crowd looked on in awe, as the R-rated hero Midnight made her appearance on a podium in the arena.

"What is Midnight wearing?" Exclaimed Kirishima.

Kaminari nodded, "that's the R-rated heroine all right."

"Is it okay for her to be at a high school even though she's R-rated?" Tokoyami wandered aloud.

"Be quiet everyone!" Midnight shouted, cracking her whip.

"Our representative for the students is Katsuki Bakugou, from class 1a." Midnight announced.

As Katsuki walked through the crowd of students. Izuku grabbed him by the shoulder.

"If your gonna declare war, do it good."

Katsuki just smirked at Izuku, and Izuku smiled back.

As Katsuki walked up the platform, Izuku could see the shit eating grin on his face.

"Ah man."

Katsuki stood on the podium, adjusting the mic to make sure everyone could hear him.

"I just wanna say, I'm gonna win."

Katsuki was immediately answered with tons of boos and rude comments. But Katsuki just smirked.

"You wanna know why?"

The crowd murmured to themselves, and Katsuki took that as a sign to continue.

"Because I can imagine myself winning. Right now in my eyes everybody else here is just a stepping stone, if you get in my way I'm just gonna squash you. So let me ask, where do you all imagine yourselves? If you wanna be at the top then prove to me you ain't no step on a staircase someone else owns. Just imagine where you want to be, and make that dream become reality. And don't go spouting shit about stuff not being fair. 'Cause life ain't fair, and we, as heroes in training have to learn how to overcome that unfairness." Katsuki glances up at Aizawa, who was up in the stands, then at Izuku, Neito, and Shouto. "As it is our duty to overcome that unfairness. So take the words of all might and know what it means to go beyond, Plus Ultra. Because that's what heroes must do in the midst of battle. Now use your Plus Ultra and use it to fight me for the number 1, 'cause I know I will. So don't expect it to be easy."

The crowd was silent, before cheers and applause erupted throughout the arena.

Katsuki was smiling as he made his way back to his class. And for once, Tenya found it in him to properly congratulate Katsuki, only to get a light smack to the head and an "Urusai, your annoying."