Chapter eighteen

Izuku POV

But at the same time, it was,

Suffocating.

I decided to look over at all might. He was looking deep in thought, so I decided to test the waters.

"All might?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know why I brought you here?"

"I feel like I should, but I just can't seem to remember."

I could tell he was telling the truth, so much thought was put into each of his words, yet it is still sad to know he would forget like that.

"Emiko."

"What was that?" He asked me.

"Emiko." I repeated.

"Who is that?" All might asked.

"A nice girl, she was always happy and managed to always make me and others smile. It didn't last long. Something happened, people started ignoring her. Shunning her. She was the younger sister of a friend of mine." I could tell he still wasn't catching on, so he walked right to the spot she had asked. I turned around, facing all might. 'Everything is positioned just as it was then.'

"Midoriya may I know what it is you're doing?"

I looked up at him, trying my best to replace my anger and sadness with a shy attitude, making myself appear awkward. I looked up at him, and I could tell he remembered something. So I said it,

"Mr. All Might sir," I played with the end of my shirt for a better affect. "Can-Can A QUIRKLESS PERSON BE A HERO TOO?"

All might POV

Midoriya was acting strangely, he brought me up here for some reason, and I was waiting to see what he wanted. He suddenly walked a bit away. Then he developed a completely different personality, it reminded me of something. Then,

"Can-Can A QUIRKLESS PERSON BE A HERO TOO?"

It felt like my mind was hit by a truck. No, it wasn't because of how strange he was acting, but because of how dumb I was. Almost a year ago, a small blond haired child was captured my a sludge villain. I saved her, accidentally revealing my true form to her after she grabbed onto my leg. Then asked that same question, what I'm still wondering however.

"Why did you want me to remember her?" I asked.

"Do you remember what you told her?" He questioned back.

I did remember what I said, I told her to give up, that it was impossible.

"Yes." I said, I was looking down at my feet, just as I did that day.

"All might." He started. "You know what quirk discrimination is right?"

I nodded.

"Then you need to know that it has gotten much, much worse from your generation to mine, you know what happened to Emiko that day?"

'Do you know what happened? So something bad had happened?' I slowly shook my head no.

"This is why I can't stand you, you know nothing of what society has become. Emiko commuted suicide by jumping off this building after you left. And I," he was clenching his fists at this point, he looked like he was about to break down. I wanted to comfort him, but knew it was best not to, not now.

"And I." He said again.

"I couldn't get to her in time."

I felt, destroyed, I'm the symbol of peace. Yet a teenager I'm more then twice the age of knows more of my flaws then I am ever thought I had. I felt disgusting. I lead a girl to suicide without even knowing about it. My nemesis is secretly still alive and he managed to get his hands on my masters descendent. What kind of symbol am I?