Chapter 30

No excuses, sorry I forgot to post. My brain is stupid.

Now that I see them [Alesia and Lucius] everything that Mione and Harry were telling me came back to my head. Blaise's mom slapped him. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to ruin the date but I need to talk to him about it... I don't want him hurt.

Ron's POV
(Same day - Thursday)

"Not to ruin this breakfast or anything, but don't you think we should talk about what happened in the hallway?" I whispered to Mione and Harry as they looked around making sure no one had heard me before nodding.

"Yes, we probably should. I mean, Mrs. Zabini slapped Blaise! That's abuse!" Mione whisper-shouted and I nodded my head while looking down.

We were interrupted as a bunch of owls came flying into the Great Hall. I gave a small glance before looking back at my friends, but something caught my eye. I looked again with wide eyes as Errol came charging in. I stared for a second before watching him fly past Ginny to me and drop off a howler right in front of me.

"Ron runs-" Harry shouted.

"Rip it up-" Seamus yelled.

"Everyone plug your ears!" Dean laughed as several of the Gryffindors near me, not including my friends, dove under the table. I stood up and grabbed the howler ready to run out of the Great Hall, but it was too late.

"Ronald Weasley! Why didn't you tell me you were hurt! I was worried sick and never once got a letter from you to soothe my poor old heart!" my mother shouted in my face from the card. I winced and threw it back on the table and put my head in my arms as all my friends plugged their ears.

"I got a letter from Ginny! When were you planning on telling me! It's not your fault of course Ginny. I expect a letter tonight!" she screamed before the letter tore itself apart. It was quiet for a few moments before the hall burst out in laughter. I didn't want people to look at me so I kept my head down as my friends told me "better luck next time".

The only person I don't want to embarrass myself in front of is Blaise. I then peaked up from my arms and saw Blaise, Draco, Pansy, and Marcelo all staring at me. I didn't even know Marcelo sat with them. Must've declined the offer at the head table.

I made eye contact with Blaise and my face heated up from embarrassment. I felt people's stares everywhere in the room and quickly got up as I ran out of the Great Hall.

When I got out I ran around the corner to a hallway and sat against the wall breathing deeply. I just want to go to my room and lay down all day, eating a bunch of snacks. I heard footsteps and assumed Harry or Hermione had followed me out but was surprised to see Blaise run around the corner.

"I found you! Are you ok?" he asked, sitting down in front of me and grabbing my hand. I blushed and looked away, still too embarrassed, but I nodded my head. He smiled and seemed to relax a bit after that.

"I'm glad. I was worried that you got too embarrassed in there and I didn't want you to be sad" he mumbles, scooting closer to me, leaning his head onto my shoulder. I giggled but then stopped when I remembered what Harry, Mione, and I were talking about earlier.

"Blaise... can I talk to you about something," I asked. I think he sensed the serious tone because he moved off my shoulder and sat up to look at me.

"It's about what happened in the hallway... with your mom," I grumbled. He seemed to be thinking back to what I was saying before his eyes widened and his hand unconsciously moved to his cheek. I'm assuming that's the one she slapped.