Chapter 25

"I just want you to know that if you are him [Kaiden Fox] I know you have a reason and I'm willing to listen" he said and I placed my hand on his that was still resting on my cheek.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, putting my head on his shoulder defeated. I have to tell him or he'll never talk to me again. But if I do tell him, wouldn't it be the same outcome?

Blaise's POV
(Same day - Wednesday)

"Woah, Blaise, you didn't do anything wrong" he rushed out while awkwardly rubbing my back because of the angle.

I sighed and straightened myself back up. Well, maybe I can at least convince him not to tell Potter and Granger so that Pansy and Draco still have a chance.

"Ron and I are gonna go talk down there for a bit, ok?" I told the other four while pointing a little further down the hallway. They looked at me and nodded so I grabbed Ron's hand from my back and led him down the hallway.

"We're in the same hallway, but it's just gonna be you and me talking, ok?" I asked him and he nodded while reaching for his eye band.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him as he pulled it off and blinked a few times.

"I want to look at you if we're gonna have the conversation I think we're having" he mumbled. I nodded as he squinted his eyes up at my face.

"Stop squinting, it's bad for you, are the lights too bright? Do you need your eye drops?" I asked worrying about his eyes now that the band was gone. He rolled his eyes but then stopped and winced.

"Dizzy" he whispered, grabbing his head making me leap forward and steady him.

"Ron, you have to be careful. I will make you put the band back on if you do something like that again" I warned and he gave me a thumbs up probably trying to avoid nodding his head. I sighed and moved back from him cautiously.

"Alright, let's get serious. I'm just gonna assume you're Kaiden, Malfoy is Madden, and Parkinson is Peyton unless you can prove otherwise. Or you can tell me why you decided to hide your identities" he said crossing his arms over his chest.

He seemed so closed up and my heart ached when I thought that maybe he took the band off so he would see my figure and I wouldn't have to be so close to him for him to feel safe.

"You're right that's... us. Please, don't tell Granger and Potter" I said and his eyes widened as he looked down the hall where our friends were still talking.

"Why not? They won't do anything unless you have a plan that might hurt someone..." he trialed off. His eyes narrowed and I wanted to tell him to relax his eyes but I knew it wasn't the time.

"I'll explain, just please, don't tell them!" I asked desperately and he raised an eyebrow before sighing and nodding. I then continued to tell Ron the story I told Ginny and Luna. When I was done he put a hand to his chin.

"Alright, I believe that's the truth but I also don't think it's the whole truth, we're probably not close enough for you to trust me so... I'll..." he paused and stopped to think before smiling.

"I'm gonna make you my friend and then you're gonna tell me everything so I can help!" he cheers, sounding proud of himself with a huge smile on his face. I totally melted at the excitement he had and couldn't stop myself as I stepped forward and wrapped him in my arms.

He hugged me back and I let out a deep breath of relief that he didn't freak out after all I had told him.

If only he knew that I more than trusted him. If he asked me to, I would spill every secret I had. If he asked me, I would pull a mandrake out of its pot without earmuffs. He had a power over me that kinda scared me.