Chapter 62

(Neville's POV)

So, I just cried. Yet, I felt like everything was going to be okay as I felt him squeeze me closer.

Harry's POV

"Harry, come out please" Mione begged for what seemed like the hundredth time. I just closed my eyes and ignored her... again.

I didn't want to be rude, but I really didn't want to get out of this stupid bed. I would talk to Mione if she came in here and sat down with me... but she hasn't. And I don't want to invite her in, because I know she's just gonna tell me how sorry she is for me, but that I need to get out of bed and take care of myself.

"Hermione, maybe you should let him be. He needs time" Pansy suggested. Mione sighed and I heard her agree before the door closed.

"Is Blaise still in here?" I asked Ron who was in the bed next to me. We both hadn't left since getting back.

"Yeah, I'm in here. Ron's sleeping though" Blaise answered and I nodded though he couldn't see me.

Mione might not understand how I'm feeling, but Blaise on the other hand... I know we're both feeling similar ways about the loss.

"Want to talk?" I asked him and faintly heard shuffling before my curtain opened. I moved to a sitting position against my headboard. I sucked in a breath as I got a sudden vision of Draco turning to Voldemort, in front of me, as he screamed at me.

I jerked away from the headboard and crawled to the other end of the bed. Blaise just watched me before silently climbing to the head of the bed.

"What's up, Harry?" Blaise asked while I looked down at my shaking hands.

"Just... memories" I told him and he nodded, leaning back against the board.

"Do you believe what my dad was saying?" he asked, making me look up. I wasn't sure what my answer was. I couldn't tell if I believed Marcelo or if I just wanted it to be true.

"I-I'm not sure" I finally answered.

"You don't think he would... beg like that, would you? I mean he even said 'my lord'. Draco would never" he said while rubbing his head.

"I know, Blaise. That I agree on... but people get desperate, right?" I asked looking up at him briefly. His eyes opened slightly before he nodded slowly.

"I guess" he whispered while bringing his knees to his chest and putting his head on his arms.

"When was the last time you seen him?" I asked Blaise. I felt tears build up as I remembered the last time I'd seen him. We were hugging on this bed, crying, I told him I'd see him soon... after I won the war.

"We were being split up for slaughter. Dad and I were sent with Snape, you know how I convinced him and Theodore. I don't know what was happening with Draco, but he stayed with Bellatrix" he told me and I nodded already having heard the story.

"How was he when you were in hiding?" I asked again, mirroring Blaise's position but putting my head down to hide my tears.

"He slept a lot, always in pj's... well we were all always in pajamas" he chuckled, but I heard his voice crack.

"What else?" I asked even though whatever his answer was would just make me cry harder.

"He got lonely easily... especially the first week, before we had heard from you guys. He stopped eating at first too, then we convinced him that when he first saw you, you would like it if he was healthy, Pansy said 'he'd prefer meat on ya, not bones'. That made us all laugh" he said chuckling, probably remembering the memory.