Chapter 41

I took my place beside Draco and he looked up at me and then down to my hand before turning away. Slipping my hand into his, he looked back over to me with a slight blush. I smiled, my face seeming to get hotter.

I decided then that I was going to do it. I was going to tell him how I feel.

Draco's POV
(Same day - Saturday)

"Ok, what's next on the list. I am now awake and ready to party" Marcelo shouts as he rubbed his hands together. I laughed and lightly swung my hand that was intertwined with Harry's. We're actually holding hands! This is crazy!

"How about Honeydukes? And then maybe Zonko's Joke shop?" Pansy suggested and I nodded along not really caring.

We all walked together and the pathways were pretty clear of students which didn't surprise me because it was still pretty early. There were a few couples who walked by and stared at us, mostly Harry and I, but I did my best to ignore them.

When we made it to Honeydukes we all walked in together and Harry led me away from the others with an unsure look on his face. We stopped in a corner near the honey-colored toffees and he turned to me.

"Listen Draco, I'm going off a whim here, and what Ron said but I have something to ask you" he trailed off, making me sweat a bit.

"What's going on?" I asked covering up my shaky voice by clearing my throat.

"Well- I'm actually not sure how to ask... like should I ask if you like me or ask you on a date or do I just tell you that I like you?" he mumbled quietly while also speaking rapidly to the point that I didn't even know what he was saying.

"Harry? You're rambling" I remind him and he stopped and looked at me. Then he took a deep breath and covered his face as if embarrassed.

"Sorry... I guess I'll just tell you... I l-like you" he stammers moving his hands, a light pink coated his cheeks. I froze replaying his words in my head. I stared at him as if waiting for him to burst into laughter and point at my face, but he didn't he just got more and more scared the longer I waited. He was serious.

I snapped out of my gaze just as Harry started to back away with a scared look on his face.

"I-I'm sorry. I thought you might have liked me too. Merlin, I'm so stupid" he coughed out awkwardly as he went to turn around but I caught his arm and pulled him back towards me. His eyes widened as I hugged him.

"Don't go. I like you too!" I shouted, wrapping my arms tighter around him. I felt his arms land on my back as he hugged me and put his forehead on my shoulder.

"You just scared me so much Draco" he whispered with a small chuckle and I softly apologized. He leaned away, still in my arms, but now he was looking at my face. He put a hand in my hair and brushed it back behind my ear.

"Draco, does this mean you'll be my boyfriend? I've never been with a guy before but I'll try my best!" he had determination clear on his face and in his tone. I smiled and blushed.

"Yes, I'll be your boyfriend. Merlin, this just came out of nowhere... when did you realize you liked me?" I asked him still stunned that this was happening. He looked away slightly embarrassed.

"It started at the beginning of this year. You'd gotten a lot nicer than last year and it made you so much more attractive. You're the first boy that I've had a crush on and it kinda freaked me out at first but I've gotten use to it" he responded and I smiled.

"So I turned you gay" I joked with a giggle and he laughed as well but not before rolling his eyes.

"You're partly correct, I still like girls though" he said and this time it was my turn to playfully roll my eyes. Either way I turned him a little bit gay.