Page - 1

I was studying

I was studying. I have got a class test coming soon. Not sure what the outcome of my efforts will be but I was deeply concentrated when I heard a knock on the door. I stood up from my chair and walked toward the door to greet the person outside.

"Lisa?" I said as I opened the door.

"Y/n? Were you studying?" She suddenly asks

"Yes, how did you know?" I asked showing a confused look.

"Your messy bun and glasses say so," she shrugged.

"Oh! I didn't notice when I did that. Haha," I said as I chuckled.

It has become a natural habituate of mine. Unknowingly I tie my hair into a messy bun. And glasses? It's all thanks to the nights I spent studying.

"You always do this and don't notice it afterwards," she laughed.

"Hehe, Come inside," I said, giving her side to enter inside.

Lisa came inside as she put her bag on the table and sat on her bed.

"So...Did you find any job?" I asked as I sat beside her, looking at her with a hopeful expression.

"No, what about you?" She said showing me a sad look.

"Me neither but...That greedy lady came today," I said nervously.

"What?! What does she want now?!" She asked as she started to panic.

"Of course, she came for money," I replied as annoyance was audible in my tone.

"Oh god, what should we do now? Is she thinking of kicking us out?!" She asks getting worried.

"Well, she said if she doesn't get her money she'll kick us out for sure and she gave us only a week," I said trying not to show my sadness.

"What?! Only a week?! That witch will rot in hell I swear!" She said getting angry.

"Lisa, don't say that. At least we have a week, right?" I said to calm her down.

"You'll get a job soon as you're experienced, but I'm not! It'll take me forever to get a job! Y/n, I guess you're going to see me begging on the streets," she said getting more upset.

"Lisa, don't say that. Everything will be fine. My ex-boss didn't give me my full payment as that little brat fake complaint about me. So That greedy lady is now really angry at me as I didn't pay her but she still hasn't kicked me out. So I'm sure we're fine," I said trying to reassure her.

"Y/n! We're not fine!" She said getting panicked.

"Lisa listen, first go and take a bath. You must be really tired, right? We shouldn't stress much, it's not good for our health.

So first take a shower. It'll help you calm down. And then you can think about what you should do, with a clear mind," I said showing her a smile.

"Yeah, you're right. I should take a bath," she said in frustration.

She stood up and went to the washroom with her nightgown. I looked at her exhausted figure entering the washroom as I sighed.

I shook my head as I went to my desk and again started studying. A few minutes later after taking a bath Lisa came and laid down on her bed.

"You feeling better now?" I asked while smiling at her.

"Yeah, now I'm feeling much better," she said letting out a soft chuckle. "Y/n I think I can ask my friend if she can help me find a job," she finally showed her cute smile.

"That's a great idea! You should go for it!" I said in a cheered and happy tone to encourage her.

She nodded and said, "I'm sleepy now. I'm going to sleep as I've to go to visit my friend early tomorrow so good night. Make sure to go to bed early. Studying is important but sleep and rest are more important so sleep early okay?" She asked in a tired tone.

"Okay, eomma!" I said sarcastically.

And we both started laughing. She's always been that one friend who cares for her friends like a mother. She might sometimes get angry and out of control but at the end of the day she is all I have and I wish to not lose her.

Lisa drifted into a deep slumber just after a few minutes as she was really tired. I also went to bed after an hour of studying. I laid down on my bed as I looked at my side where Lisa was and whispered something before falling asleep.

"Good night bestie."

A/n:

Please vote :)