Page - 41

"No need to go," he says silently having his meal

All this time he had a laid-back attitude. He was joking around and flirting non-stop. He just seemed to enjoy the moment he was having with her. Nonetheless, he looked pretty chill up until now.

 His expression darkens and gets serious. It was obvious he didn't like the sound of it. He looked irritated, pissed, and maybe a bit jealous?

"Why?" She asks chewing on her meal.

She did not really take his change of expression. She was rather being ignorant of it.

"The party is held that day," he says abruptly, not giving much thought to what he just said.

"But I haven't told you the date yet. How do you know that I am going there on the day of the party?" She looks at him with slight confusion.

" I-uh! Just you aren't going!" He says getting embarrassed and looks down again.

"Really? But I thought I'll take you with me. But okay," she shrugs.

He low-key started regretting what he said. Yes, she was going shopping for her date but she was thinking of going with HIM. Which seemed enough for him. He was happy as long as he'll get to spend time with her which he hasn't done ever since they have known each other.

"You know what? I think you should go. You might need something to wear at Jungkooks birthday and to the party that'll be happening by the end of the year, held by my parents," he excuses.

"I thought you said I look good at everything?" She suspiciously raises her eyebrow.

"Yes, but even perfect people need nice clothes. That'll enhance your beauty and feature more accurately. Speaking of which you wore a black dress at the sugar baby event right?" He says.

"Don't remind me of that horrible night," she shivers. "Well...yes. That was shabby, wasn't it?" She says getting awkward.

"No! Not at all! You looked pretty despite that being a simple dress. What I mean is you made that dress look prettier," he compliments.

She smiles and looks down. That has seem to make her upset.

"Y/n?" He tries to look down at her face. "Did I upset you? Sorry? I didn't mean to sound rude. I really mean what I say," he says, panicking a bit.

"Mhm," she shakes her head. "It's not that," she smiles looking up at him.

"Then why did you get upset?" He asks getting confused.

"You see not a lot of people know about it actually besides Lisa."

"Are you okay with telling me?" He asks as it seems she is about to tell him something.

"You seem trustworthy. Besides, I just feel like I'm being pathetic hiding this. What I believe is there's nothing to hide in friendship. And we've been friends for long enough so I think it's fair.