Page - 37

"Jin?"

"Jin?"

I was taken by surprise when I look up to see that it was him.

"Hey Y/n," he smiles and waves at me.

"Why are you here?" I ask in confusion

"Why are you here?" I ask in confusion. "Weren't you supposed to be sleeping?" I added.

"Isn't that obvious? Of course, I'm here for you. What kind of friend lets their friend stay on the street overnight while he sleeps at his home peacefully despite knowing their friend is in the cold, shivering, and hungry with no money?" He replies with slight annoyance.

Though he sounded a bit annoyed, I know that he is being like that just from the outside. From the inside, he is genuinely worried for me.

Listening to him my eyes filled with tears. Driven by emotions, I walk to him as fast as I could and hug him real tight. Of course, he was taken aback by my sudden action as he felt speechless.

Realizing my action I pull back.

"Ah, I'm sorry for the suddenness. I tend to get emotional when someone shows care for me," I chuckle through tears.

That look on her face seemed to pull his heartstrings. He felt this sudden wave of warm emotions running through his heart. He felt like hugging her one more time. Engulf her in his embrace and never let her go. He feels this unknown urge that wants to protect her.

He smiles as his hand reaches for her cheek, his thumb gently caresses her cheek as he wipes off her tear.

"No need to apologize," he says.

Listening to him, she had this sudden spark in her eyes when she looked at Jin in awe for some mere seconds, which seemed more than just seconds to Jin. As if that wasn't enough, she suddenly attacks him with a warm smile which had him skip god knows how many beats.

This causes him to blush. He couldn't handle her charm. Not in this situation which causes Y/n to chuckle. Jin was rather confused for not understanding the cause.

He tilts his head to the side in confusion and asks, "Why are you laughing?"

"Your face, especially your ears, they've turned red. Are you blushing?" She asks, chuckling even more as she finds it cute.