Page - 36

I facepalm knowing I've messed up big times

What should I do now?

I look at The greedy lady who was just looking at me with her raised eyebrows.

"Ma'am, my dear lady, queen of hearts, the most beautiful lady in this entire world; can't you make an exception just for this once? Please?" I said trying to flatter her as much as I could while batting my eyes innocently.

But it seems compliments didn't convince her even a bit.

"Enough of this drama. Your silly tricks won't work for me. You should just go. Now shoo," she says trying to shoo me away.

"Please ma'am where am I supposed to go in this cold? Don't you have mercy?" I asked with slight frustration.

"I sold mercy long ago. Don't need any. Just go to one of your friend's places or something and let me go. My food is getting cold," she says sarcastically with bored eyes.

She is having a meal while here I am about to freeze to death? Wow.

"But I don't have any friends other than Lisa who also lives here!"

"Then good for her."

Seriously?!

"Are you not understanding any of the words that I am saying? I don't have anywhere else to go!"

"Now that's not my problem is it?" She says placing both her hands over her hip.

I stayed silent. Not knowing what to say.

"You better get going then," she says about to walk away.

"No wait! Don't leave!" I plead, trying my best to keep her here.

"What? Hurry now, my food is getting cold!"

What should I do?!

"Wait let me call Lisa!" I said taking out my phone.

"Yes, do if that comes to any help, and then leave!" She says.

After a few rings, she picks up.

OTP:

Lisa:

"Hello, Y/n where are you? Do you know I read the letters and they are just so-"

Y/n:

"Lisa it's not time for it. I'm in trouble right now!"

Lisa:

"Omo, why? What happened?" She asks in concern.

I look at the greedy lady and then walk a bit farther so that she couldn't hear us.

Y/n:

"The greedy lady won't let me in! She is telling me to go somewhere else but where when I've nowhere else to go?!"