Page - 21

I was in a cab. Heading towards Mr perkook's SO-CALLED cafe.

I was thinking deeply about why he is being different to me. I don't know him very well but he already seems suspicious to me.

"I've to ask him about it no matter what," I mumble to myself.

After some time I was outside his cafe. I took a deep breath and went inside.

I was looking here and there searching for Mr Perkook

I was looking here and there searching for Mr Perkook. But I didn't have to wait much as he himself approached me. 

He came to me and asked, "So, you came? I thought you ran away with the money," he said as he put both of his hands in his pockets.

"Does it seem like I'm in the mood for joking?" I asked him annoyedly.

"You are always in a grumpy and angry mood anyway," he said as he leaned closer to my face.

I pushed him back saying, "Don't talk as if you know me well. I'm loyal when it comes to my duty. I was in need of money that's why I asked for an advance. And as I take the money in advance I'd like to inform you that I'll not skip a day even if I'm sick. So that your 1 LAC won't go to waste," I replied as I crossed my arms.

"Seems like you've replies for everything."

"You can say so but I'm not here for this," I replied in annoyance.

"Oh? Is that so? What are you here for then?" He asked not getting my words.

"You sure are dumb. I should give you a new name but I don't have time for that. Well, I want to ask you about the payment."

"What? Is it not enough? Do you need more? Wait then-" He said as he started calling for someone but I didn't let him finish.

"Shh!" I said as I placed my finger on his lips to shush him. "You talk too much! I want to ask you why are you giving me extra payment than your other employees?" I looked at him suspiciously.

He looked tense but didn't reply and I again asked in annoyance.

"Why are you not talking?!"

He didn't say anything but looked at my finger and then I noticed that my finger is still on his lips. I awkwardly removed my finger from his lips.