Page - 49

When he asks to excuse them, Lisa looked a bit worried knowing what is about to happen

When he asks to excuse them, Lisa looked a bit worried knowing what is about to happen. She stops Y/n for a bit.

"You'll be okay right?" She asks in a lower tone.

"Don't worry I'll be fine," she smiles and leaves with Jungkook.

Jungkook takes her to another corner where nobody could hear them.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" She asks looking at him.

He wasn't looking at her. He seemed nervous.

"Well Y/n you see...I'll be honest," he looks up. "I like you."

Y/n was surprised because of course she knew that coming. But she didn't want it to be his birthday. She didn't want him to get upset at such an important event. But she can't give him fake hopes at the same time.

"But Jungkook you see...I don't like you in that way," she says nervously fidgeting with her fingers.

"I know," he smiles. "You like Jin hyung right?"

"How you..." she was at a loss for words.

"I knew I'd get rejected. I just didn't want these feelings to get buried. I wanted you to know because I didn't want to feel bad for not telling you how I feel. Well, that's it. I'll take my leave."

"To where?" She asks rather worriedly.

"Don't worry I'm just going to greet others. You can enjoy yourselves. And I hope for you two to end up together. Best of luck," he says and smiles leaving.

She goes back to Lisa with a less cheerful look. Though she knows what happened Lisa still asks.

"What happened?" Lisa asks.

"Well..."

Before she could continue any further someone interrupts in between. She turns around to see a familiar face.

"Oh Jennie," Y/n says in a not-so-interested tone.

"Hello    girls, it's been a while since the party

"Hello girls, it's been a while since the party. Oh, nice to meet you as well," she says looking at Y/n. "Uh, what's your name again? Sorry, I am not good at remembering unimportant people's names. And not to mention Lisa my ex-friend is here as well," she says smiling at Lisa.