40| Some Secrets Pending

S O M E   S E C R E T S
P E N D I N G

S O M E   S E C R E T S P E N D I N G

We, humans, are always selfish. We are like the starving lions who once tasted a drop of blood they want more and more and it keeps going on. In the same way, when we find hope or a bit of light in our dark world we seem to keep them at any cost forever we can.

The only hope and the only light Manik ever had is Nandini. By now it seems like the light, the hope is being crushed brutally. The pale face, chapped lips, and dark circles under the enchanting eyes which have now turned into hollowness are what she consists of now.

"Rose" Manik called out which boomed in the Villa.

There are very rare times when the Villa seems so quiet or to be precise so empty. There's no cheerfulness or giggles in the Villa anymore.

Entering the room she was again sleeping. Normally, he would have been happy by seeing this but currently this is an issue. Since the last encounter where she fainted which was three weeks ago, Nandini either sit on the bed like dead or sleeps. At first, Manik thought it was due to the shock she got knowing the truth but later when it was constant, he contacted the doctor who told him that it was a sign of major depression.

All in one, Nandini has turned into a mess now. And the depression is adding fuel to it.

Manik sat beside her and raked a hand over her hair lovingly. Every time he sees her face, the chances of him getting killed by Manik increase. If he never helped Aryaman, he wouldn't have gotten so far trying to kill Nandini, and neither she would have ever come to know about all this.

"You are going to fucking die by my own Fucking hands, you bastard" Manik muttered lowly gazing at Nandini.

Releasing a breath, his fingers involuntarily grazed her cheeks softly.
"Rose, get up! You slept enough" He chortled in a low voice not wanting to shock her.

"Rose come on"

Nandini's eyes fluttered open with wrinkles on her forehead slightly annoyed by the disturbance in her sleep. She could trace a figure leaning onto her and telling something but her mind was still processing her surrounding.

As the view got clear she looked at Manik confusingly.

"You went for some work, right? Why did you came back so early?" She inquired.

Manik tried to give her a small smile to sound his statement normal "Rose......it's eight in the evening. I went in the morning"