15| Tired and Broken

T I R E D   A N D   B R O K E N

"Amma Appa"

Manik looked at Nandini who's eyes are screaming various emotions. Sadness, happiness, anger, crave, hate maybe questions. She stood there emotionless and in shock.

Manik gestured the manager to empty the whole restaurant who obliged without a question. Once the whole restaurant was empty Manik thought to leave them alone so as he qued to leave a hand caught his.

Manik turned to see Nandini standing just like before but her hand caught his hand, making him look at her. Nandini clutched his hand more tight as if pleading him not to go. Manik took her hand in his completely and stood with her.

Nidhi came forward and spatted "I thought you were dead but looks like no, you're whoring around"

Nandini clutched his hands more tightly whereas Manik's eyes turned dark but he kept quiet as it's Nandini's family matter, and the woman talking shit is her mother.

"lekin hum toh bhul gaye kalank itni jaldi thodi na mitta hai" Amms snickered.

Every word was stabbing like a knife in Nandini's heart but she refused show any emotions to them.

But today she'll take her answers.

"And may I know what have I done to get honoured by your these allegations?" Nandini asked bitterly.

"Oh really? You don't know? You ran away from your own marriage leaving us to get insulted and you're asking what did you do? Do you even know how much insulted we felt when we're standing in the mandap without the bride, you ungrateful brat" Nidhi growled.

There she pulled the wrong string.

"Oh, so you felt insulted maybe selling your daughter to some scumbag who would break her legs if she even step out of the house would have gain some respect to you'll, right?" Nandini snapped.

Manik clenched his jaws, hearing her. He knew that she was getting married against her will but he never knew their intentions.

"You were a reckless bitch and you always be. And who is this? Your new sugar daddy?" Nidhi sneered.

Ok, now this is going overboard. Neither Nandini can let anyone insult him nor Manik can bear anyone accusing Nandini.

"And what are you Mrs. Murthy? A selfish mother? Hell you're not even worth calling mother. What kind of mother sell her own daughter? You're a shame on thr mother word" Manik growled.