43|Taking A Break

Nandini smiled at his thought and caressed the frowns on his forehead

"No. I don't think you should" She stated making the frowns emerge back.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you shouldn't leave this. I understand your concern and love but there is one more thing I understand, that is fate. There are millions of people who breathe because someone is there above all the wrongs to save them. Even if it means by doing a bit wrong" She passed a serene smile.

Her slender fingers made their way towards his slick hairs.

"You never chose this path, you were forced to. But then it got a meaning when people lived because you moped off the people who hurt the innocent. Manik everyday people complain about how everything is going wrong but no one wants to correct it. But then people like you unintentionally enter it and start correcting it. You....save many from the wrath of nastier folk. If you back out many lives will be in danger"

Wanting to live a normal and uncomplicated life is what everyone wants. But there are some people out there who live cruelly is that they could do what is right. They need power and control which comes in a twisted manner, gaining respect as well as hatred.
Doing right is never easy or straight.

"What about us? You and Me? Our baby? I don't want any danger around that little hope. I don't want the baby to go through any kind of pain just because their father is a Mafia" He disputed.

"And you're right. We don't want any danger around that baby. And that is one more reason for you to no leave. Now, you have power and fear in your enemies, they'll think hundred times before even planning something against you and your family but when you'll pull back, they won't hesitate to end us since the mafia is no more in power" She heaved a breath.

Honestly, hearing this anybody could say that she is wrong. When someone wants to lead a good life why stop them but not everything is a fairytale story where the mafia leaves everything and they live happily ever after.

It's real-life where people turn into freaks to have revenge and power. Where no one wants a single obstacle in their path. Where people have no mercy and kindness in their hearts.

Happily ever after is not possible this easily. Life is different from stories.

"You never fail to surprise me, Rose" He sealed his statement with a smooth kiss.

A welcoming and soft kiss was engulfed between them, leaving no room for doubt or question.