45|Little One

Everything was glowing and twinkling like stars, the glittering sound of the fairy lights dangling produced a low humming

Everything was glowing and twinkling like stars, the glittering sound of the fairy lights dangling produced a low humming. The illuminating of the lights were a little too bright for Manik's liking. But it was tolerable to him since Nandini is the one who did it and of course, weddings are supposed to be luminous.

The engagement rings were exchanged between the three couples, with the sunniest smiles on their faces. Manik stood by their side with Nandini in his arm length, a hand behind the small of her back. There weren't many moments where Manik let Nandini be alone since the attack. Though Samrat is behind the bars and his organization has been dismantled by Manik, he still believes that Samrat won't give up this easily.

Whereas Nandini stood there oblivious to every chaos inside his head, simply enjoying the rituals and their smiles. And also not to ponder on the fact that she didn't have any of these.

Marriage wasn't something she dreamt of specially but with Manik, she does want to have a proper wedding. She wants to enjoy the feeling of being his suitably and have favorable memories for the topic 'Their Marriage'.

What is she gonna say when her child asks how did you and Dad got married?

That your dad kidnapped and blackmailed me and we got married in a dirty three-piece suit and sweat shirt-pants?

This is definitely not the type of answer you could give to your kid.

But the present remains that Manik doesn't want to re-marry. And why? Nobody knows. She did try her emotional blackmail as well as the 'My one wish' thing but nothing worked.

Sighing to herself she pushed all those disturbing thoughts behind her head and focused on the present.

"Still thinking about marriage, Rose?" Manik murmured in her ear.

Nandini shook her head giving a smile, which made Manik look down at her in disapproval. Of course, he knows she's lying.

"Lying isn't something that goes good in our relationship, is it?" He asked.

She nodded recalling all the past events that happened between them just because they couldn't gather the courage to say the truth to each other. Let it be about her escaping or him protecting.

It always went wrong!

"I just......I'm feeling too awful for not having something proper but I guess I'll forget this in a few days. Maybe it's just because I'm surrounded by these marriages" She responded.

He just gave a nod, not saying something which somewhere disappointed her, maybe she thought that he would say something about it. Something in her favor.