Ch 16 Section 5

On a dark road, at night...

Dean was driving with Angel in the backseat and Sam in the back. The rear window was still busted with a clumsily covered in a tarp flapping in the wind.

Dean looked at their little brother from the rearview, "So a deal, huh?"

"That's what she said."

"To call the whole thing off- angels, seals, Lucifer rising, the whole nine?"

"That was the gist of it." Dean quieted at that but Sam caught the look he and Angel shared, "What?"

"Nothing." Angel shrugged, "Just curious... You didn't think once about taking it? For a second?"

"You kidding me?" Sam scoffed and leaned forward, "Dude, you two spent all day trying to talk me off the Lilith track. Besides, she would have found some way to weasel out of it. And all it would have cost us was our lives."

"Yeah." Angel conceded with a nod, "You're not wrong there."

"Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, she's scared. I could see it. Lilith is running."

Dean frowned, "Running from what exactly? Us?"

"Don't know. But she was telling the truth about one thing." His eyes darkened, "She's not gonna survive the apocalypse. I'll make sure of that."

Elsewhere, inside Chuck's house...

Chuck was asleep on the couch, having another dream when he was awoken suddenly and violently by the angel Zachariah.

"Did you see it?"

Chuck trembled in confused terror, "Who are you?"

"I'm Zachariah." He smirked wryly, "You may know me from your work."

Chucks demeanor didn't change, "What do you want?"

"Did you see it?"

Chuck nodded in even more terror, "Is it true? Is all of that... really going to happen?"

"Have you been wrong so far?"

Chuck was immediately on his feet making a beeline for the door, "I've got to warn the Winchesters."

"I wouldn't advise it. People shouldn't know too much about their own destiny. You try..." His eyes darkened, "And I'll stop you." At those words Chuck did indeed stop his trek to the door but then started walking off in another direction making Zachariah frown, "Where are you going?"

"To go kill myself."

Zachariah rolled his eyes, "Don't be melodramatic, Chuck. We'd only bring you back to life."

Chuck shook his head with foreboding eyes, "What am I supposed to do?"

"What you always do. Write."