F O U R

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

J U N E 1991

Once the portkey was activated, Charlie began to feel the tight pulling sensation just below his navel as he was swept into nothingness. Just as fast as he vanished, Charlie had appeared outside of the Romanian sanctuary having landed roughly on his feet. The last thing he remembered seeing was Adelaide sleeping soundly in his bed, Charlie blinked and knew the portkey was successful.

He blinked a few times, rubbing at the back of his neck before looking up at the building before him.

"You must be Charlie Weasley?" A rough voice called out from the dark.

Charlie jumped a bit, turning to look behind himself as he came face to face with a tall, olive-skinned man.

"Yes, sir." Charlie nodded.

"The name's Hugo." The man reached forward, slapping Charlie on the back. "Welcome to Romania." Hugo grinned widely. "Let me show you to your cabin."

Charlie followed along in silence, already in awe of his surroundings. It was quiet, which he was surprised. Honestly, he was not sure what he was expecting. Dragons making noise all the time, maybe?

"I know what you're thinking, mate." Hugo laughed, glancing over at Charlie, dangling a set of keys in front of his face. "It's quiet."

Charlie laughed sheepishly, a small blush appearing on his cheeks. He hoped these people would not think he was just a kid and that he should not be there. After all, he was eighteen years of age. And he really was well versed in all thing's dragons, but he had no idea what to expect from a sanctuary.

"Yeah, honestly, I was thinking it would be a bit noisier." Charlie admitted with a grin.

Hugo handed Charlie the keys. "Aye, it'll get noisy. Just wait another..." Hugo pulled out the watch from his pocket, glancing at the time. "Let's say another hour. It is still early. Our lot likes to sleep in."

Charlie took the keys and walked to the front door. Upon entering, Charlie noticed that everything was already furnished, and the kitchen was stoked with the essentials.

"Get yourself settled in. Breakfast is in thirty minutes in the main mess hall." Hugo went to walk out of the door, though turned back to Charlie to explain where he could find the main mess hall.

This was it. The beginning of the rest of his life. Unlike other professions, Charlie was not thinking of this as just another job. This was going to be his life – he would make sure of it.

After unpacking what he brought with him, which was not much, Charlie sat down at the kitchen table and quickly penned two letters.

One – to his parents. He wanted to let them know that he was safe and that he would check in as often as he could. That he would find out if the sanctuary had any floo network connection so he could at least see their faces and they could see his.