T H I R T Y T H R E E

*~* A/N: trigger warning -- this chapter contains mature content of a sexual nature *~*

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"Guys, come on. This is not funny. Uncharm the mistletoe. Right now."

Adelaide stood her ground, arms tightly crossed over her chest as she stared at the twins who were still grinning ear to ear.

Charlie was no help, because a part of him found this to be comical as laughter left his lips. "You have to admit, Addy, it is kind of funny."

"Shut up, Charles, you're not making this any better." She hissed, smacking his chest as she glared up at him.

"Ow! I'm sorry!" Charlie still laughed, though.

Adelaide knew Fred and George were not going to remove the charm from the mistletoe – atleast not any time soon – so she took in a deep, calming breath. Looking around for a moment, she quickly reached up and pecked Charlie on the cheek.

"Had to get it out of the way." She muttered, moving to walk off but realized she was unable to do so.

"What the bloody hell do I have to do to have my independence back?!" she cried, throwing her arms up in the air.

Chewing on his bottom lip while he thought things through, Charlie quickly came to the conclusion that it had to be a real kiss. So without running it by Adelaide – because he knew she would protest- Charlie quickly cupped her face in his hands and pressed his lips against hers.

The kiss should have been quick, but it wasn't. Charlie felt Adelaide kiss him back, applying more pressure into the embrace before she pulled away and cleared her throat. The mistletoe shook above their heads, a soft bell jingle ringing out which meant the charm was lifted for the time being now that the kiss had happened.

"Oh –"

Adelaide turned around as soon as Charlie had pulled back from the kiss. She cleared her throat, refusing to look back at him before she stomped her way directly over to the two mischievous boys in the corner still snickering.

"Bloody hell, she's coming straight for us!" Fred cried, stumbling up from the chair and pushing George out of his way so he could scramble out of the room unscathed.

"You wanker! You pushed me!" George groaned, now sprawled out on his stomach on the floor.

Adelaide stepped right over him, immediately reaching for Fred, clutching him by the collar of his sweater before she nudged George's leg with her foot. "You both are going to pay for this. You better knock it off the rest of the holiday."

Fred stared at Adelaide with wide eyes, knowing she was not playing around but still couldn't help himself as laughter started bubbling up from his chest.