N I N E T E E N

*~* Trigger Warning: SMUT - just a tinge, it's not super detailed as it has been in past but still thought I should give a heads up just to be safe. Enjoy! *~*

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"I don't know how we got to where we are

So far removed I don't know where to start"

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

His voice was just as smooth as she remembered it. Her name on his tongue sounded wrong. The anger, and betrayal started bubbling up inside of her again. Clutching tightly to the glass, Adelaide turned back around and downed the brandy in one large gulp.

"You're not going to speak to me?"

Adelaide set the glass down, reaching over the bar and down to grab the bottle of brandy. Skipping the glass this time around, the blonde screwed off the lip and took another swig straight from the bottle.

"Addy, please."

"No." She finally spoke up, hissing out her response to the man who started walking closer to her. She spun around, still clutching the bottle. "How dare you. How dare you show up here and just..." She sucked in a deep breath, "How can you just say hi as if we haven't seen one another since you left me asleep, and not to mention drunk, in your bed?"

Charlie stood frozen beside her now. Having taller legs than her, he could take larger strides in a short amount of time. He snatched the bottle of liquor from her hand and set it down on the bar.

"Addy, I'm sorry. I have apologized to you so many times. You barely responded to any of my letters." The red head spoke lowly, not wanting to wake up anyone else in the house. Especially not his family.

"Your apologies mean nothing to me, Charlie." Adelaide was basically whispering now. She refused to make eye contact. Her arms crossed tightly over her chest as she stared down at the floor between them.

"Addy, please." Charlie pleaded with a sigh. "Do you know why I came here?"

Adelaide rolled her eyes and slowly looked up to him. "Why did you come here?"

Stepping closer, Charlie reached forward and rested one hand on the side of her face. "For you." He told her, a sad smile appearing on his lips now. "For Tonks. For my family. For Harry." He continued, letting out a sigh.

Adelaide stepped back, forcing Charlie's hand to drop from her face. She did not like the feeling his touch provided her. Deep in the pit of her stomach the butterflies started to rise again. A feeling she had not been familiar with in quite a long time.

"I just want my best friend back, Addy. Please." Charlie sighed again.

"It's going to take some time, Charlie. I can't just go back to acting like you didn't break my heart." She admitted, chewing on her bottom lip for a moment before she looked up at him.