T W E N T Y F I V E

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"I cannot believe you really think I'm going to wear this thing!" Sirius' voice echoed loudly in the dimly lit hallway of number twelve Grimmauld Place. His hand was raised up in the air, spinning the leather dog collar around his finger.

"Sirius, I mean it. We can't have you getting caught." Adelaide sighed, placing both hands on her hips as she watched him fool around with the collar.

"She's right, you know." Remus walked out from his bedroom and closed the door, turning to face Sirius and Adelaide with a small, sad smile.

"You know, Remus, just because you were always the voice of reason does not mean that I'm going to take your advice!"

Adelaide rolled her eyes, reaching forward now and plucking the collar from Sirius' grasp and turning, quickly walking down the staircase.

Her bags were packed, and Charlie had already traveled to Romania and back again to drop off their things. He returned to take Remus' place in the guarded escort of Harry and the rest of the kids to the Hogwarts Express.

The full moon was only a few days away, and although Remus tried to put on a smile and hold a cheerful disposition – he was struggling. His bones ached a bit more than usual and even though he had Adelaide to thank for his supply of Wolfsbane, the pain never completely vanished.

"Whatever you try to do or say," Remus spoke up, gently resting a hand on Sirius' arm. "She will always win. You know that don't you?"

Sirius sighed as though he was defeated. He did not mind letting Adelaide get her way, though. The way her eyes lit up when she was truly happy was probably the greatest sight he had ever laid his eyes on.

Before he met everyone downstairs, Sirius grabbed a robe from the bedroom and handed it over to Adelaide so he could wrap himself around it before he transformed to speak to Harry before sending him on his way to Hogwarts.

Adelaide tucked the robe in her bag, still utilizing the invisible extension charm – it really did become quite practical.

The group had made it to King's Cross, and Sirius quickly transformed into Padfoot. Adelaide, with a smug grin upon her lips, bent down and clipped the collar around his neck.

"Now, be a good boy and behave Padfoot." She whispered, rubbing her boyfriend who was now in the form of a shaggy, black dog, behind his ears.

The dog let out a low growl, though a soft whine followed soon after.

Adelaide clipped the hook of the leash into the metal clasp of the collar before standing up and following the rest of the group.

Moody was grinning like a mad man – Adelaide found herself giggling and thinking to herself that the moniker 'Mad-Eye' was extremely fitting for the man.