(Eng) Chapter 11

Tokyo

A few days staying at the inn, Eun Seob and Hotaru seemed to be getting closer. They always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Indeed, together with other guests in the same dining room, but Eun Seob and Hotaru always sat side by side, so close like conjoined twins. They chatted all the time as if they never ran out of things to talk about, even though they were still on the phone even though they slept under the same roof. They also often go out together with the reason that Hotaru is a guide for Eun Seob.

This could not be separated from the attention of Mr. Kobayashi. At first he was happy because his granddaughter, who likes to wander, finally stay at home and helped him take care of the inn. But finally he realized that there were other factors behind Hotaru's change. Now he was starting to worry.

And tonight Mr. Kobayashi called her to his room.

"Hotaru," called Mr. Kobayashi after Hotaru finished concocting the green tea.

"What's the matter, Grandpa?"

"That guest from Korea..."

"Jo Eun Seob."

"How long has he been on vacation here?"

"I don't know, but he's not on vacation. He's doing an assignment from his boss."

"When did he return to Korea?"

"Maybe after his business is done."

"You two seem very close."

"He is a good and fun friend."

"Just friends, huh? Nothing more?"

"Ah, Grandpa..." Hotaru blushed.

"You can be friends with him, but Grandpa hopes you don't have any more feelings for him."

And Hotaru's smile immediately evaporated like hot steam in a cup of green tea that had started to cool off.

"He's just a tourist staying at our inn. After his business is done, he will return to his country, right? Grandpa just wanted to remind you so you don't get your heart broken. So don't give him your heart."

•••

Seoul.

Seol was curled up on the bed with her hands clutching her stomach. She bit her lip so as not to let out a groan that would wake Danmuji. She slid out of bed, crawling over to the cupboard where she kept her briefcase. She opened the front of the suitcase, took out a small bottle. She opened the lid and took out a pill and swallowed it.

Again she crouched in front of the cupboard which was still open when the pain in her stomach back. She felt her whole body paralyzed, unable to climb back into bed. But Danmuji's cries forced her to get up. She made him a bottle of milk. Before giving it to the baby, she put the warm bottle on her tummy, it was enough to relieve the pain. When Danmuji fell back asleep after drinking the milk, Seol also fell asleep because the medicine she was taking had worked.

~~~

Tokyo

This morning Eun Seob did not find Hotaru in the dining room, or kitchen, or garden. He thought maybe she woke up late.

"Ohayogozaimasu," Eun Seob greeted Mr. Kobayashi who came out of the kitchen carrying a tray with a lot of food on it. Eun Seob helps put the plates of food on the table without being asked.

"Why is Hotaru doesn't help in the kitchen? Did she oversleep?"

Mr. Kobayashi only answered with a smile.