6

*one month later*

A lot of things has changed since the day at the warehouse. Nobody knew it was possible, but San had become more absorbed in his work. There hadn't been another attack at any of the other sites, yet he felt he couldn't be prepared enough.

Wooyoung had finally gotten the hang of his job, but it seemed like San couldn't care less about that. Of course he had no idea what was really going on, but it felt as if the elder just forgot he existed at some point. It's not that him and San were ever friends or anything, but he thought they had a good connection.

A small sigh slipped past Wooyoung's lips before he pressed the enter key on his keyboard. His mind had been elsewhere since he clocked in this morning. He looked over the screen and felt his heart drop into his stomach when he saw the extra zero on the screen.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" He hissed, trying to hit the back arrow. Error! Form already submitted, popped up on his screen, only adding to his distress.

He bit his bottom lip and tried to figure out what to do. He'd seen San's temper before—and he really didn't want to die. But things would be worse for him if he let the shipment arrive.

He hesitantly got out of his chair and started waking to San's office. When he got out of the elevator, the sight of Sana made his hands tremble, "Is San here? Could I please talk to him?"

Sana looked at her computer for a few seconds before nodding, "Mr. Choi doesn't seem to be busy at the moment, go right ahead."

Damn it, Wooyoung mentally swore, now he really had no excuses. When he was in front of the door, it took him a good two minutes before finally knocking.

"Come in!"

Wooyoung could feel the tears welling in his eyes the second he opened the door. "I—I'm sorry...I messed up the o—order and put one hundred boxes instead of ten. Please don't fire me!"

Looking up at the boy in shock, San noted that he was in fact crying. "Uh...just sit down, yeah? We'll figure it out."

The younger nodded as he wiped at his eyes with his hands. He sat down in the chair across from San, letting out the occasional sniffle. "I wasn't paying a—attention...it's my fault I'm sorry."

"I can fix it on here, no problem. Right here...I'll just switch it to ten," San muttered as typed something on the computer, "And all done."

A loud sniffle echoed through the room before Wooyoung was back to wiping at his cheeks, "That's it? You're not going to yell at me?"

"Try not do do it again...?"

Wooyoung laughed at his own stupidity. He stressed himself out for nothing, "I really thought you'd fire me over this."

San's smiled at the younger, "You're a good worker, Wooyoung, and it was just a mistake. I'm glad you're working here."

A light blush tinted the boys cheeks at the compliment. Maybe San had been paying attention to him all this time. "You're a good boss..." He whispered, before looking down at his hands. "I uh...I'll be more careful when I place the orders from now on."

San nodded, watching as the younger got up and started walking towards the door. Just as he reached out for the door handle he called out, "Wooyoung—ah don't be too careful, I like seeing you."

Wooyoung slammed the door harder than he meant to. His heart felt like it was about to jump out of his chest, "Was that flirting—with me?"

✨✨✨

"Just ask him, please."

"San—stop being a little bitch and ask him yourself."

"Yunho I will beat you with this stapler."

"Ooooo kinky. Do you want me to get on all fours?"

At that moment, San wanted to beat himself to death with the stapler. "Yunho—Yunho get up what the fuck! For fucks sake I'll go ask him if I can get away from you!"He hurried out of his own office and took the elevator town to the second floor. He looked around as saw that almost all of the desk were empty, except for the one boy he was looking for. "Hey Wooyoung."

Picking his head up off the table, Wooyoung yawned. He brought a hand up to rub his eyes, but jumped when they focused on San. "I was...not sleeping."

San couldn't help but smile at the boy, "You don't have to stay so late, Y'know? If you're tired you should go home and sleep."

"I'm not usually like this. I was up all night because Yunho wouldn't come over and my roommate was gone." Wooyoung paused and made a confused expression at his own words, "and you didn't ask...sorry."

Grabbing one of the empty chairs, San rolled one over to Wooyoung's desk and sat down next to the boy. "Why couldn't you sleep because your roommate was gone?"

"I've always have this stupid fear ever since I was a kid...I can never fall asleep if I'm home alone. Maybe I should get a cat or something."

The elder smiled, "it's not stupid. We're all scared of something, yeah?"

Wooyoung nodded, "What are you scared of then?"

"Yunho."

Wooyoung let out a laugh that made San's stomach erupt with butterflies. "I'm being serious."

There were a couple seconds of silence as San decided if he should really be vulnerable with a boy he just met. "Hurting people. I get scared that no matter what I do somebody will always gets hurt."

The younger placed a hand on San's thigh without much thought. "You're doing  great, San. Not many people can handle everything you do."

Placing his own hand over Wooyoung's, San smiled at the younger, "Thank you." He cleared his throat, "So, the reason I came down here was because...me, Yunho, and Seonghwa are going to a bar tonight—and Yunho was wondering if you wanted to come with us?"

"Yunho?" Wooyoung teased with a small smile, knowing San just didn't want to admit he actually wanted the boy to come with them.

San tried to make his expression as serious as possible, "Yeah...but it's okay if you're too tired."

"Well I'm awake now, so sure, I'll come with you." 

———

I plan for this to be a shorter book with a lot of time skips, it'll probably be glad the length of my normal stories 

Thanks for reading