40

*two months later*

A sigh fell from San's lips as he finished typing out a response to yet another email. He had been asked the most insufferable questions by his partners email after email. The minutes seemed longer than usual almost as if there would never be an end to the day.

Dialing a familiar number into the landline sitting at his desk, San listened as it rung for a few moments.

"Yes Sannie?" Wooyoung asked when he picked up the phone.

San smiled at the sound of the younger's voice before saying, "You should come to my office."

"Why?"

"I'm bored."

Instead of getting a response, San head the dull humming of the line as Wooyoung hung up. It only took a few minutes before there was a small knock on the door. "Hi," Wooyoung said happily, disregarding his knock at the door by simply letting himself in.

San opened his arms towards the younger, gesturing for him to come sit on his lap. Doing just that, Wooyoung walked around the desk and sat down carefully on San's lap, still quite nervous about the chair giving out on them some day. He shifted himself around before leaning back and resting his head on the elder's shoulder.

"I want to go home," Wooyoung stated softly against his boyfriend's neck.

"What's wrong?" asked San equally as soft before he brought up a hand to cradle the back of the boy's head.

As if it was possible to get any closer, Wooyoung pushed his head further into the crook of San's neck, trying to disappear. If he squeezed his eyes tight enough maybe just maybe he could.

"Hm?" San urged when he was met with silence. His fingers twirled around the hair grown out on the younger's neck as he waited for an answer. The boy's hair had gotten quite a bit longer than normal over the past months, but San loved how it looked on him.

"I have a headache..." Wooyoung whined at last, tilting his head up just a bit so he could see San, "I just want to go home."

"I'm sorry, baby." San's voice remained light and quiet in hopes of keeping the pain from progressing any further. "Do you want me to bring you to your apartment?" He asked.

There was another stretch of silence before Wooyoung nearly whispered, "I meant your house." A smile forced it's way onto san's lips upon hearing his boyfriend's words. Wooyoung called his house home. "But no—you don't have to leave, I'll be fine I just need a couple minutes," the boy continued as if his words didn't carry any importance.

"Do you just want to try to fall asleep?" San asked before gesturing to the black leather futon against the length of the wall opposite to them.

"What kind of boss would you be letting your employee sleep on the job?"

"One that doesn't have to answer to anybody."

"Okay..." Wooyoung agreed at last. He carefully got off of San and asked, "Do you have a blanket?"

Quickly pulling off the jacket to his suit, San handed the piece of clothing to the boy. "I don't, but you can use this."

Before he could walk away, Wooyoung leaned down very slowly to avoid a strain on his head and pecked San's lips. "Thank you Sannie," he said sweetly, finally turning away to make the trek over to the couch.

✨✨✨

After hours of nonstop typing and constant cramping of his fingers, San finally finished putting in all of the shipment orders the company needed for that week. Since it was just the beginning of the week, he normally would've stayed until the early hours of the morning getting everything set up and prepared for the days to come; however, it wasn't everyday that Wooyoung was asleep right in front of him. Every few seconds he caught himself glancing past his computer screen to make sure the boy still looked comfortable and checking if his breathing was the same.

Exiting out of his tabs, a small smile formed at the picture of Wooyoung he had as his wallpaper. It was a picture San had taken of Wooyoung when they went to get boba. The younger's cheeks were so full of the drink they looked as if they were ready to burst. San wasn't quite sure why his employees still took him seriously when he couldn't seem to keep up his professional demeanor if his boyfriend was in a one mile radius.

San shut down his computer before walking over to the couch Wooyoung was still asleep on and kneeling down in front of him. "Wooyoung..." he cooed as he ran his hand over the boy's freshly dyed hair. He twirled his fingers around a strand of hair to reveal the blonde he added under his naturally colored hair, careful not to pull it.

Opening his eyes, Wooyoung took a few seconds to adjust to the light before smiling at his boyfriend in front of him. "Is it late?" He asked quietly.

"It's almost ten. I doubt you'll fall asleep again when we get home...I let you sleep too long."

"Oh I bet I will, Mr Choi, I know how to sleep."

A small laugh slipped past San's lips as he helped the boy up, the two promptly leaving the room. "You need to eat something before you go to sleep—you skipped dinner," San stated.

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow, "And you didn't?"

"Well...I didn't want to eat without you."

Their conversation died out as they reached the exit, the two walking in a comfortable silence to San's car.

Most of the ride to San's house was quiet, neither of them feeling as if it was necessary to talk about anything. It stayed that way until San pulled into the driveway, a dramatic sigh falling from his lips as he put the car in park.

"What?" Wooyoung asked, knowing that sigh meant he had been thinking about something during the drive over.

"I want to ask you something."

"Ok..."

Unbuckling his seat belt, San wiped his sweaty palms on his slacks and tried to muster up the courage to say what he wanted to. "Do you...want to move in with me?"

"What?"

"It's just that earlier you said you wanted to go home and you meant my home—so I just thought that maybe you'd want to? We've been dating for quite awhile now—almost a year and I hope it's not to early for me to ask you because I—"

Wooyoung laughed at the elder's rambling before saying, "Sannie, of course I want to move in with you. I'll have to talk to Yeosang about moving out...but I'm sure Jongho wouldn't mind taking my room."

A smile formed on San's lips at the response. "Okay..." he whispered happily. 

———

Thanks for reading