Chapter 43

“My grand daughter! Oh my!” Hyerin’s grandmother exclaimed as soon as she saw Hyerin on their fron door

“My grand daughter! Oh my!” Hyerin’s grandmother exclaimed as soon as she saw Hyerin on their fron door. She immediately engulfed her in a tight hug, tears forming on the side of her out of joy.

“Mama..” Hyerin sobbed, hugging her grand mother tighter while tears where trimming down her face, “I missed you so much,”

Hyerin tightened the hug, burying her face in the crook of her mama’s neck. She was so happy that she finally felt the warmth she’s been longing to feel. The warm hug of her grand mother, her home.

“Aigoo, why is my baby crying? Who fought with you!?” Her mama said when they broke the hug, she wiped her tears with her thumb while rambling on who made her cry and that she will make them pay.

“No one, mama. I’m just so happy to see you. I missed you so much.” Hyerin said, smiling at the sight of her lovely grandma before pulling her in again for a tight hug.

“I missed you so much, my puppy.” Her grandma whispered, chin resting on her shoulder as she soothe her hand in Hyerin’s back.

They stood there in the front door, hugging for a few minutes until her mama decided to cook something delicious for her. Hyerin nodded like a happy child, a wide smile visible on her face. Her grandma just smiled at the sight of her happy face, reflecting the smile that is on her face.

“Your Papa is upstairs. He’s still sleeping, can you go wake him up?” Her mama softly said, Hyerin just softly nodded, kissing her Mama’s cheek before dashing upstairs where the room of her grandparents’ is located.

She knocked softly on the door and waited for a response, after a few seconds of silence she decided to open the door slowly to peek inside and there she her grand father sleeping soundly.

“Papa?” Hyerin softly called, tiptoeing her own on her grandparents' bed where her grandpa is sleeping peacefully. She sat at the bed, staring warmly at her grand father with a soft smile plastered on her face.

She leaned down to give a kiss on his forehead before softly shaking him while murmuring, “Papa, wake up. Rinnie is here.”

“Hmm...” Her grandpa murmured before slowly opening his eyes. He squinted trying to process the face infront of him before a wide smile was formed on his face. He immediately pulled her in for a tight hug.

“My baby...” Her grandpa said, brushing his hands up and down her back. Hyerin hugged him back, resting her chin on his shoulder.

“Let's do the drama later, Papa. For now, wash up because Mama is looking for you, breakfast is ready.” Hyerin said, rubbing her grand father's before pulling away. She smiled at him one last time before dashing out of the room, heading down to the kitchen to help her grandma with the food.

»

“Mama, can i go outside?” Hyerin asked for permission once she was done doing the dishes, wiping her wet hands with a clean rug.

“Hmm? What? Why? It’s already 5:00 pm. Where are you going?” Her grandma asked, worry visible on her face. She just smiled lightly at her, hopping her way towards the couch before plopping down beside her Mama.

“Just meeting Seonmi. I just wanted to catch up with her.” She said clinging onto her grandma's arm. Her grandma just smiled at her cuteness, staring at her for a second before finally nodding, “Alright, don’t be out too late.”

“Yes, Mama!” Hyerin said, dashing to her room to get changed. When she finished changin into a simple plain black oversized shirt that she stole from Jaehyun’s closet and a gray sweatpants. She dashed towards the front door, kissing her grandma goodbye before putting on her face mask and going outside.

“Hey.” Hyerin greeted as soon as she saw Seonmi just outside the gates of their village. She gave her a light hug, kissing her cheek. “Why don’t you go in our house to greet Mama first?”

“Actually, i’ve been planning on staying for the night. Is that fine?” Seonmi said, trying to sound enthusiastic but Hyerin still caught on her worried aura.

“What’s up? You know you can tell me everything, right?” Hyerin softly said, squeezing her arm in comfort. Seonmi just smiled at her.

“Will tell you later. For now, let’s visit Minji first.” Seonmi said, smiling at her. Hyerin just nodded at her.

“Let’s go?” Seonmi said, sticking out her hand which Hyerin gladly took.

“Minji-yah, here we go.” Seonmi shouted before dashing their way to Minji’s house which was just a few blocks away from Hyerin’s village.

Minji-yah, we will come to visit you. I’m so sorry if i was late. Wait for us, Minji-yah.

𝚃𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙴𝚑𝚎, 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢.