Chapter 49

"Breaking news: NCT's Jaehyun and EPiC's Hyerin rumored to be dating

"Breaking news: NCT's Jaehyun and EPiC's Hyerin rumored to be dating."

The two idols were seen hugging inside the SM building yesterday at 5:08 pm. There are still no response from the management regarding this issue.

"Explain," One of the staffs said as soon as she turned the laptop to let Jaehyun and Hyerin see the article that is about them.

"We are dating," Jaehyun deadpanned, gazing at the screen of the laptop before boring his gaze to the staff. The woman just crossed her arms infront of her chest, raising an eyebrow.

"You can't," She replied with a stern voice, her gaze shifting between the two who doesn't look bothered at all, even holding hands infront of the staffs.

"Why can't we?" Jaehyun retorted, leaning in on the table while raising an eyebrow at the woman, expecting a good reasoning as to why they can't date.

"Because it will just ruin your career," The woman started off, her hands now on the table.

"You will be distracted from your work plus fans won't like it," She added.

"Fans do like it, they even love it." Jaehyun boredly replied, his eyes on the screen of the laptop as he scroll through the various comments that were left on the article, most of it were positive. Some weren't happy about it while some defended the two.

"And, we've been dating for months. Did you see me get in trouble or do something unnecessary for the past few months? No, in fact i became even more productive when i started dating her." Jaehyun said, briefly glancing at Hyerin before returning his gaze to the woman.

"How about your fans? Don't you ever consider their feelings? You aren't where you are right now if it-"

"True fans would understand us. They can't possibly stop us from loving other idols, what do you want us to do? Break up for what? For them? And be sad? True fans would understand it, they will be supportive of our relationship because if they were really a fan they would want their idols to be happy, right?" Hyerin spoke up, her gaze still fixed on the screen. On a one comment in particular.

'Leave them be. If they are dating so what? We can't possibly tell them what to do, they are also humans too, they have feelings. They are not robots whom we can control, they are humans with feelings. If they are dating, let them date and be happy. Isn't that what you want for your idols? to be happy? Their work is exhausting as it is, let's just be happy that they found their comfort and rest in this tiring business.'

"But-" The woman was cut off when a person entered the room, and all of them stood up and bow their respect as soon as they recognize the person.

"Lee Soo Man sir," The woman said, bowing 90 degrees.

"What are you doing?" The man asked, his hands going on Hyerin and Jaehyun's shoulders to pat them in acknowledgement.

"Is this about their dating rumor?" He asked once again, gesturing for them to sit down again. Jaehyun slid a chair for him which he gladly accepted, muttering a small 'thank you' before settling down.

"Uh, yes.. I am already settling this mess, sir. Don't worry-"

"So, are you two dating?" The man asked, eyes going to Hyerin and then to Jaehyun and then back to Hyerin.

"Yes, sir." The both of them replied in unison, Lee Soo Man cleared his throat, straightening his posture before finally speaking again.

"Well, congratulations then. I am happy for the both of you," He started off, making everyone in the room gape in shock and confusion.

"Well, what do you want to happen with this? Do you want the company to make a statement confirming your relationship or do you want to just keep it in private?" He asked once again, the couple were dumbfounded. Staring at each other with confusion.

"Well?" The man asked once again, catching the attention of the couple. The first one to break off of their trance was Jaehyun, clearing his throat before answering.

"Well, there's no point in denying or even hiding it. There was a picture of us hugging attached to it so, i guess, it's better to release a statement confirming our relationship." Jaehyun said, Hyerin nodding in agreement.

"Alright, release a statement regarding this article. We've settled everything already, now get back to work." Lee Soo Man said, standing up ready to leave but the woman stopped him.

"But, sir, what if this affects their careers?" The woman asked, Lee Soo Man just subtly smiled at her.

"I don't want to make the same mistake." He started off.

"Remember that time when the news about Taeyeon and Baekhyun dating broke off the internet and then i told them to break up, i have never seen them so devastated in their lives. I don't want that happening on any of my artists ever again." He explained.

"But, for the two of you. I just wish you wouldn't neglect your work and don't get too distracted, always be professional because that's the trademark of SM." Lee Soo Man said pointing at the two, Hyerin and Jaehyun nodding in response.

"We will, thank you so much for this." Jaehyun said.

"I'll get going now, i still have load of works to do. Best wishes to your relationship." Lee Soo Man said one last time before finally leaving the room.

"Well?" Jaehyun started off when the door closed, turning to face the woman. The woman just rolled her eyes at Jaehyun's mocking face before exiting the room.

"What are we gonna do now?" Hyerin asked, wrapping her arms around the older guy's waist. Jaehyun wrapped his arms around her body, dropping a peck on the top of her head.

"We'll wait," Jaehyun whispered.

"Just in: SM Entertainment released an official statement confirming the relationship of the two idols."

𝙻𝚘𝚕, 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝙰𝚠𝚠𝚠𝚠.

𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚙𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙻𝚎𝚎 𝚂𝚘𝚘 𝙼𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚘, 𝚢𝚎𝚜.