Chapter 44

“We’ll be back tomorrow and we can look over Minji for the rest of the day so you can rest!” Seonmi suggested

“Oh, no. It’s fine, dear. I don’t want to bother your time with this.” Mrs. Oh declined, smiling at the two enthusiastic girls. The two girls cried hard when they arrived, saying their regrets and apologies when they are absent where she needed them the most but Minji’s mother just consoled them. Minji’s family are a family of Christians that’s why Mrs. Oh just said to the girls that their wonderful daughter is already in the arms of their almighty God and she will never experience any hardships and struggles in this harsh world. The two calmed down and just nodded, smiling softly at Minji’s pale and peaceful face.

“Minji-yah, you fine there?” Hyerin asked, staring at Minji’s picture, carressing it.

“Yah, you look really pretty in this picture! I took this for you, remember?” Hyerin asked again, smiling at Minji’s picture while lightly sniffling.

“Minji-yah, i’m glad you can finally have the peace you deserve. I will miss you but i know you will always be with us, right? Protecting us from all the bad things out there, right?” Hyerin added, her tears started flowing out again.

“I love you, Minji.”

“No, it’s fine, Auntie! This is nothing compared to what Minji had done for us. We’ll take care of her tomorrow, okay? I’m sure Minji will not be happy seeing her mother sleepless and exhausted.” Seonmi insisted, faking a pout to point out her disappointment. Mrs. Oh just chuckled, nodding her head in defeat.

“Alright, alright. Let me know what you want for snacks or some dishes so i can make it for you while you take care of her tomorrow.” Mrs. Oh said.

“Uh, nothing in particular Mrs. Oh, everything you make is just fantastic! We’ll get going now, Mrs. Oh!” Seonmi said, waving goodbye at the old woman.

“Take care, girls!” Mrs. Oh waved back, “We will!”

“Yah, we should buy snacks at the nearest convenient store before heading to your house.” Seonmi suggested, shaking Hyerin’s arm that she was clinging on.

“Sure, let’s bring some food for Mama and Papa too so they don’t have to cook.” Hyerin added.

“Your treat, right?” Seonmi asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Hyerin.

“I knew you were just leeching off of me.” Hyerin faked a disappointment.

“You’re right, now treat me some foods.” Seonmi shamelessly said.

“Yah, Cha Seonmi!”

“What, Bae Hyerin?”

»

Bitch, you told me we’ll only go and buy food. How the fuck did we end up buying tons of clothes!?” Hyerin exclaimed, lifting the paperbags she’s been holding and hanging on her arms.