♥ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 ♥

George went to pick the children up. When they all arrived, Nancy first and the others following after her, they were clamouring for attention. Each of them was shouting loudly, trying to be heard above the other three.

"A'right, a'right!" George tried to get their attention, but none of them were listening. "Hey!" He still wasn't heard, but I could see him standing behind them. He was going bright red and wincing every time their voices got louder, which was happening more and more quickly.

"Okay, okay," I said, gesturing for them to quieten down a little bit. They did, though they were still all talking over one another. "Right," I paused for dramatic effect, a grin spreading across my face, "you all want to talk?"

The four of them nodded in unison.

"And who's going first?" At that, they all began to clamour to be heard again. I laughed, "Nance?"

"Mummy, I..." Nancy continued to talk, but I tuned her out - I cared about what she had to say, of course, but at that moment, all I could think about was the little baby inside of me.

I hoped that I was having a girl. I loved my boys of course, and I would love the new baby no differently it was born a boy, but I wanted Nancy to have a sister. Even if there was going to be about eleven years between them, I knew that Nancy would love a little sister - and I missed having a little girl. Nancy was growing up so fast, now - all four of them were.

"Isn't that exciting?" Nancy squealed, practically jumping up and down.

I nodded, smiling. "It is," I agreed, "gosh, you're a lucky girl."

She nodded and turned, ready to skip off, but I caught her arm. "Stay for a while," I told her, "daddy and me have some news, but we want to wait until we've heard all of yours, first." I looked at Julian, "you next, dear."

Julian shared his day with us, and then Jack and Dhani. None of them left the room, and they all took a seat on the plush rug. George was sitting on the edge of the settee beside my legs like he had been earlier.

When they had all finished chattering away, I looked to George and nodded at him. The four of them followed my movements and their eyes landed on their dad, "we're going to look at a new house this weekend." He had spoken to the estate agent earlier, who had confirmed that he would be free for a viewing at Friar Park this weekend. "It's not too far from here - Henley-On-Thames, about an hour away - and if we all like it, then it means we will be able to move very soon. Your rooms might be bigger, and the garden definitely will be. We'll have more space overall, really."

"You'll even get to start at a new school!" I enthused. Dhani frowned. I knew what was wrong with him. "An hour isn't far away, Dhani," I told him quietly, "and you can still write and call her."

"I don't have any other friends," Dhani frowned, "I need Mandy."

"You'll make lots of new friends, Dhan." George said, in an effort to reassure his son.

"I don't want new friends."

"Dhani," Nancy said softly, "I heard that Henley-On-Thames has a really big library -"

"And this new house has over one hundred rooms, Dhan," George added with a supportive, encouraging smile, "we could make our own library."

Dhani perked up a little at that, but I could tell that he would sulk for days, if not weeks, about having to leave his school.

So I said the only thing I could think of, "it probably won't even happen, Dhan. It's not often that a big change like moving house happens."

"But," George said, "there's going to be another change..." He beamed at me.

"In September," I said, causing all of the children to turn their attention back to me, "you're going to have another brother or sister. I'm having a baby!"

Dhani's eyes widened. Nancy was grinning like a Cheshire cat, Jack looked confused and Julian looked resigned.

"Another baby?" Julian asked, sighing.

I chuckled, "yes, Jules. Another one."

He groaned, got up and left the room. It wasn't the best reaction, but I knew that he would come around and be excited soon.

Nancy asked, "can you make it a girl, mummy?"

I smiled, "that's not how it works, darling," I paused, "you get what you're given."

"I hope it's a sister."

I nodded, "I know you do, Nancy. I know." She got up and left the room, a smile on her face.

I turned to Jack, who looked confused. "So where does the baby come from?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to reply, but George cut me off. "That's a question for me, lad," he paused, "and I'm not going to tell you that, yet. Come back to me in about five years and I'll tell you."

George had had to give Julian 'the talk' just a few months previously, and Dhani was next in line. George wasn't looking forward to it, because Julian had asked far too many questions and wanted to know absolutely everything, and George feared that Dhani would be even worse than his big brother because of how he was with facts; he had to know everything about everything.

"Head off, now," George cocked his head to the door. Jack nodded, stood up and left the room.

We turned to Dhani, "how do you feel about this, Dhan?"

"I have a new baby brother already," he paused, "but Sean lives far away."

George and I exchanged glances with each other before we both turned back to Dhani, "yes well, this one's going to live with us, obviously. Wouldn't you like a new baby to look after?"

He had been so good with Jack - the two of them were very close.

Dhani wrinkled his nose, "I hope that the new baby is a girl," he paused, "I like looking after Nancy, and I have two little brothers, now. I don't need another one."

I replied, "well maybe you and Nance can start thinking of names for the new baby, then?" I paused, knowing that my suggestion would keep the two of them busy for months, "and if we like it, then maybe daddy and me will call the new baby it."

Dhani beamed, got up and skipped out of the room.

I turned to George, a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked in a sceptical tone of voice, crossing my arms against my chest.

He replied, "nothing." He wasn't convincing.

"It must be something -"

"You're just good at this whole parenting thing," he paused, "it's quite sexy, actually -"

"Well," I giggled, turning bright red, "I've had a lot of practise."

He nodded, "that's true."

"And I've still many, many more years." I reminded him, "eighteen, at least." I put a hand on my stomach, "and then we might have more children after this one, so maybe even longer." George leaned forward, using one of his hands to support his weight, and pecked my lips. "Hmm," I hummed quietly, "what was that for?"

"I love it when you talk about having more children," he paused, "because that means that we get to have fun trying."

I laughed, slapping him away playfully. "You're a swine, George Harrison!"