Chapter 33: Wedding Planning

Juliet's point of view:

I think the saying is that every little girl dreams of planning her wedding. That was true to me, although at the time I imagined a handsome man in a crisp suit waiting for me. Although I got even luckier with Paige and already our 3 children. I wanted more though...

Today I was going dress fitting with Helen, Jamie, and my cousin who happened to be in town, Elizabeth. Meanwhile Paige was going suit shopping with Daniel, Matthew, Ben, Lucas, and Sam. Ben and Jamie were too young to wear such nice clothes but they were brought along anyway since somebody had to look after them. 

Helen shook my shoulder alerting me that we were there, so we all got out of the car and I took Jamie's carrier. 

The air conditioning shocked our systems as we walked inside the glass doors. A middle aged woman with two pairs of glasses on her head greeted us, and since we had already booked an appointment, led us to a certain section of the store. I explained to her my style and budget, while she got an associate to take my measurements. Helen, Elizabeth, and Jamie were by the bench, looking on at what was happening. Since I had a estranged relationship with my parents, I didn't want them to be involved and make me feel bad. Let's just say they loved Ryan to bits and didn't approve of the divorce or me coming out. My cousin had saw Ryan's true colors before I did, and since she was so supportive I let her tag along. 

The sales woman took my measurements and then led me to a back room where literally hundreds of dresses were. It was like drowning in a sea of white. 

The others joined me in going through the racks of dresses and figuring out which was the one. I had ended up trying numerous dresses but nothing spoke to me or just seemed right. They were either too poofy, long, or one was too frilly and had to much detail. I wanted something rather plain but delicate. 

I was beginning to loose hope and looking at my watch we'd be at the store for over two hours. Helen called me over, holding what was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It was a long, white strapless dress with a princess cut and little beads and designs at the top, but then a straight and what looked like loose fitting from the waist down. It looked amazing in the light of the room, and I couldn't wait to try it. Helen helped me carry it to one of the dressing rooms where another sales associate helped me put it on. It was a zipper and then a little clip in the back, and I borrowed a push-up bra since it was strapless. 

The dress fit perfectly, almost as if it was made for me to wear it. It was a little long at the end, but I'd just pick it up and walk. 

When I walked out both Elizabeth and Helen gasped, with Helen clapping her hands. They stood up and walked around me in a circle, getting the full view. It was like the tv show "Say yes to the dress" since when Elizabeth asked, I right away answered yes. Now that I had my wedding dress everything seemed to be coming true. 

Paige's point of view:

I missed Jules, and it had only been two hours. Sam, Lucas, and dad had been having better luck than me, and were currently being fitted for their suits. The color's of our wedding were Ceulen blue since that's what Juliet and I compromised on. I was trying to find a black suit jacket with a blue dress shirt and vest, and then the same or very similar color for a pocket square. I decided on not wearing a bowtie, but instead a black tie to contrast the blue. I was going to look damn good. I had even asked the seamstress to make my pants extra tight around the front so that my bulge would show. I wanted to tempt Juliet as much as possible, hehe.