Chapter 48: Epilogue

Paige's Point of View:

~ 5  1/2 Year Time Skip~

*crack*, the baseball connected with the metal bat. The parents went wild, as the tween ran across the bases, sliding into 2nd. His mother, sitting next to me, was cheering the loudest while holding our youngest, Olivia. I was cheering as well for the boy, but not as loud as his biggest fan. His siblings, now young kids, cheered as well, although probably not fully understanding what was going on. 

It was a typical Saturday in our household, with some sporting event going on. Last week we had Matthew's T-Ball, and Jamie's Peewee Soccer, and this weekend we have T-Ball, Soccer, and tomorrow Ben is giving soccer a shot as well. 

"Babe, you almost missed Thomas hitting" my wife nudged me. Thomas wasn't even ours, but over the years he and Matthew became best friends after his family moved in a few houses down. My wife being the sweetest person, cheers as much for him as she does Matthew. Honestly I wouldn't have it any other way though. I watched as little Thomas Mitchell hit the ball on his 2nd swing, making it to 1st base. His parents, John and Claire sat next to us, cheering their only son on. 

After the Panther's win the team went out of ice cream. Of course that meant that Mathew, the twins, and Jordan all had to get some. While everyone was eating there ice cream, myself included, I pondered how different my life had been. Juliet finally became a doctor at a small private practice, achieving her dream of being a pediatrician. I was in my last year of law school, while having a side to complete the bills. All kids minus Olivia who was 11 1/2 months were in school, and so far everyone was doing fine. On her 3rd birthday Jordan was tested for Asperger's and was diagnosed later that year, bless her heart. Sometimes it can be challenging having 5 kids, one with autism but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

"Honey, we're going now" Juliet kissed my cheek, earning "Ewws" from Matthew and Ben. Jamie copied her brothers although I knew she wouldn't have said it otherwise. 

I carried Olivia while everyone else walked and talked out of Eric's Ice Cream. It was one of the only ice cream places in the small town where we settled. Speaking of small town, my parents are now starting to show there age, but doing well. Mom does Pilates twice a week and dad walks occasionally. Sam is now in his late twenties and has a girlfriend, Mary who is the sweetest person you will ever meet. I think he's going to propose soon... And Lucas, he married his college girlfriend Vanessa and they are expecting their first child, a girl, this spring. The whole family is happy and healthy, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Tonight was movie night at our house, and it was Jamie's turn to pick one out. Once we were all settled in she decided on Finding Dory, a classic. Juliet and I were cuddled up on the loveseat, Jamie next to us while the boys were on the couch adjacent from us and Olivia was asleep. After Olivia was born, I got a vasectomy. I loved kids and honestly could've had more, but Juliet said she couldn't put her body through any more. That doesn't mean that Juliet and I don't do it any more, it just means that I don't spend an abundance amount of condoms every month. 

Once the movie was over, all the kids were asleep besides Matthew. He loves movies, just like me and wants to watch them from start to finish. Juliet took Ben while I took Jamie and Matthew walked upstairs to put down the twins. After they were successfully put down, Juliet and I tucked in Matthew together and then snuggled up into our own bed, her reading and me playing Papa's Pizzeria, my favorite game. Not long afterwards we spooned it up in bed, drifting to sleep in each other's arms. 

I decided to make the epilogue somewhat short since there wasn't much more to the story. I'll be working on starting the next story, completely different from this one in a couple of days, but won't publish it for a bit. Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you next story!!

- Jane