Chapter 47: Homecoming

Juliet's point of view:

It had been two days since I had Jordan, and today Paige and I were bringing her home. Mathew was at the age where he could understand certain things, such as a new sibling. The twins were still to young to understand, sometimes they were just caught up in one another.

After getting changed out of my hospital gown, I took Paige's hand (she took Jordan's carrier) and we walked out of the hospital. I was thinking before she was born that she might be our last baby, but now I'm not so sure I can resist Paige in general, especially when she was wearing sweatpants and a old band t shirt.

This was the first time that we were only taking one baby home, but nonetheless Paige insisted on me being in a wheelchair and her carrying Jordan. I couldn't wait to get home so the entire family would be together, and since Helen and Erin insisted on watching Matthew, Jamie, and Ben while we were gone.

When we got back to the house, everything was still. And not in a good way. Paige and I looked at each other and I knew she was thinking the same thing I was, eye brow raise and all. When I opened the door nobody was around to greet us, just silence.

"This house has never been so quiet before" Paige said, rubbing my shoulders. I nodded. "Something's defiantly up".

I walked around the house, checking in Matthew's room, the twins' room, and the master bedroom, but came up empty handed.

"Jules" Paige called, "Found them". I walked to where she was standing outside. When I looked everyone was either sunbathing or in the pool. I guess the glass really acted as a barrier to the sound.

Paige opened the door and yelled a greeting, catching everyone's attention. Matthew ran out of the pool and straight to Paige, hugging her tightly. She put the carrier with Jordan in it on the ground at the last second. The twins gave us gummy smiles and reached out to be held when I walked over to where Helen was cuddling them. I took Jamie on my left and Ben on my right. Paige walked over to join us, Matthew clinging to her right leg. Being the good mother she was she just smiled and pretended that she wasn't carrying around extra poundage.

We ended up talking for a bit outside before heading inside and out of the heat. It was time to feed Jordan anyway and Matthew wanted to see his littlest sister again.

Helen and Erin left shortly after Paige and I returned, so it was just the 6 of us remaining. The twins were asleep and Matthew was playing with his blocks, while Paige was playing with Jordan and I was eating an apple. I couldn't help but secretly check out Paige; hair down, band t shirt, she changed into basketball shorts, socks, and a watch on. She looked beautiful and I felt so lucky that she was mine. I must've gotten caught up looking since I felt two warm arms wrap around me from behind, and her body molded into mine.

"hey" she kissed my neck lightly. I hummed in response and turned in her arms, wrapping my arms around her neck. We just staid there looking into one another's eyes, enjoying our alone time, which was rare nowadays.
Jordan strayed crying shortly afterwards, getting the attention of both parents since the other kids were occupied. Turns out she needed her diaper to be changed, so while Paige took care of her I checked on the sleeping twins, cuddled up with one another. They were best friends already.

After all the kids woke up, we had tummy/play time for Matthew and the twins while cuddling Jordan and having family time. That's how we spent the rest of the afternoon before I cooked us spaghetti for dinner.
Tonight was one of the nights where all three kids, excluding baby Jordan, wanted to be difficult going to bed. Paige took Matthew while I tried to control the wound up Ben and Jamie. By the time we got them into bed and met in our own room, we snuggled together and passed out shortly afterwards.

The next day Matthew had it in his head to invite our new neighbors over for a play date. I think Paige was partly dreading it due to the required social interaction but I knew it'd be good for her. Helen and Daniel were coming over today to spend time with Jordan, and I wanted to wait until she was a bit older before she interacted and met new people.
I insisted that Paige and Mathew walk across the street and ask whatever their last name was over. I was preparing little snacks and drinks in the mean time, listening to Train, my favorite.
Not even 5 minutes of peace later Matthew burst through the door and ran into my legs, telling me about Sarah, Mariah, and Patricia coming over shortly. Paige entered the room behind him, a neutral look on her face and eyeing the snacks.
Soon there was a knock on the door, which Matthew insisted on answering with me behind him. Paige went to get the twins ready, also known as wiping the food off their faces and changing diapers.
As soon as little Sarah and Mariah entered the house the three of them ran of upstairs, I'm assuming to Matthew's room.
"Hi Patricia, nice to see you again" I smiled and tried to be friendly.
"You too Juliet, I'm so glad our kids are getting along" she was beaming. I agreed and led to to the living room, where assorted snacks were on the table and light music was playing. Toys were neatly stacked and organized in the corner, defiantly Paige's doing. I loved when she did little things like that.

Patricia, who insists on calling her Patty, talked for awhile before Paige came down, a town in each arm. For once she was smiling and looking proud to be holding the twins, looking directly at me.
Patty praised the twins, especially Ben since he had Paige's eyes and smile and I think she had a little crush on Paige. Meanwhile I bounced Jamie on my lap, giving her attention. Helen had arrived and was upstairs with Jordan and Daniel was playing with the older kids upstairs.

Patty and her girls stayed for another hour or so, and the adults talked while munching while the kids eye upstairs entertained by the abundance of toys Matthew had. When it was time to go, I saw Sarah give Matthew a piece of paper right before she walks out the door. I smiled, making a mental note to ask him about it later. It took some convincing and another scheduled play date before Patty and her girls were out the door, making me sigh a sigh of relief. They were nice, it just took a lot of energy out of me. Paige seemed to agree since she yawned big and then laid her head if my shoulder, momentarily closing her eyes.

Another visit to the park after a nap was in order, this time Grandma and grandpa were taking them while Paige and I had some much needed alone time. Nowadays alone time didn't mean sex, and while that was a bonus it meant having time to ourselves and not have to be in four different directions all the time for a kid. We only had to worry about Jordan who was occupied with her little toys. It was a great relaxing rest of the day, and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. I still couldn't believe this was my family, yet alone my life. It was amazing how my life changed from me being a unhappy married woman to a jackass, to the happiest I'd ever been.

The end

That's a wrap on the story everyone. Let me know if you'd like an epilogue, otherwise I'll end it here. Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot to me. I'll be starting my 2nd book soon, it's going to be lesbian teacher and student. If you have any ideas for that book let me know and I'll be happy to incorporate them in. Thanks again!!

- Jane