Chapter 1: Lazy Days

The pelting of rain against the window was the only noise that could be heard. Well, that, and my best friend Erin's off pitch singing to Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A".

Before I get into whatever the hell Erin is doing, let me introduce myself. My full name is Paige Erica Simms, I am 22 years old and in my last year of university studying criminal justice. I have shoulder length dark brown hair with blue-gray eyes inherited from my mom. I stand at 5' 6which is tall compared to the rest of my family. I guess my parents didn't have the best luck with wanting a girl, since I was born intersex and with a penis. My brothers and I have always been pretty close and we all protect one another which is nice. Speaking of brothers, I live with my parents, and my two younger twin brothers, Sam and Lucas who are both 17. We also have a family dog named Benji. 

Other than that, I'm a virgin who's also never been kissed, and gay. But nobody else knows that and I haven't had the guts to share. I guess I'm just waiting for the right person to be in my life.

Anyway, Erin and I were supposed to be studying for our upcoming midterms. It was almost winter break, but it didn't feel like it since we live in Southern Florida. While I'm studying to be a lawyer, Erin wants to be a vet. She's pretty wacky and we're completely different people personality wise, yet when she spilled paint on me in 5th grade art class, we became fast friends.
While we ( meaning I) was studying, the small radio in my room was playing music. The pages of the textbook stuck to my fingers as I tried to flip them, the humidity being way to high for late November.
"Hey P" called Erin from across the room
Glancing up from my notes, there was a certain twinkle in her eye that I couldn't make out.
"Yeah?" My left eyebrow quirked upwards which always made her laugh, since she apparently thinks that since I can do so I'm abnormal.
"Can I change the music to something more upbeat. I feel like I'm going to fall asleep with this jazz"
"Yeah that's fine, just keep the volume the same, I'm almost done with this section of notes and then we can take a break".

Nodding her head, she takes her attention to the radio. Looking at the time it's already half past noon, which means my mom should've been home by now. As if on que, my phone buzzes with a message from my dad; he's a doctor and my moms a nurse so they aren't usually home during the day.
Hello Paige, your mom and I are having lunch with a potential business corporation I've been asked to tell you to make sure that the boys and Benji are fed and to take a break from studying. There's leftover pizza in the fridge, and your mother and I will be home around 5:30.

One drawback of being at the local university is that you get assigned by your parents to take care of your brothers. It's not that I don't love them, it's just my parents rely on me to much to do their jobs.
I hadn't even realized that I'd zoned out, my eyes set on the Christmas lights out front. Adjusting myself in my desk chair, I spun around to check on Erin, making Origami figures with her calculus homework.
"Dude, if your not going to study or do homework why are you here"
She shot her head up towards me, making a fake battle cry and throwing what looked like a crumpled up piece of paper at me. It was like she was 10, and I was the babysitter.

I suggested that we go downstairs and get a snack. The rain was still coming down hard, so we were stuck inside.
The noises from my brothers Xbox filled the hallway, with both of them screaming at each other to do the right thing. I've never gotten boys; tall,stinky, arrogant, sex obsessed, jocks, any type really was so unattractive. Half the boys in university are idiots, and boy do I wish they didn't exist.

Erin had brought the radio, currently playing Adele songs along with us downstairs. Benji was napping on the loveseat, his tail hanging off the edge. Opening up the fridge, there was pizza on a plate, 3 slices which was perfect.

"Hey Erin you good with cheese pizza heated up and coke". I was going to have at least 2 slices and she wasn't the biggest eater.
"Yep, just one though please".
"Dude you don't need to lose weight, you have like zero fat"
"You're just saying that since I don't have big muscles from working out". "I mean seriously all the boys are swooning over you and your perfect bod"
I gave Erin a look that silently said thank you, but in my mind I was thinking how she doesn't have confidence in her. With golden blonde hair, green/blue eyes, and a dimple on her right cheek you might think I'm the less prettier of the two.

For the rest of the day, Erin and I just ended up binge watching Pretty Little Liars. The rain has slowed down and the sun was starting to set, and my parents would be home fairly soon. Together Erin and I had eaten two big bags of chips, a 6 pack of coke, and a bag of Hershey's kisses leftover from Thanksgiving. It just meant that I'd have to run tomorrow, which I wasn't bothered by.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when the front door opened and my parents came through in their raincoats. Being mid fifties, they were still very much attractive for their age and were very much In love. I'd always wanted a love like theirs, just with another women.

My mom was first to speak, her southern accent coming out slightly.
"Hey girls, good to see you Erin"
" You to Mrs. S"

"Gageing from the empty containers on the table, you girlies have eaten"?. "I was planning on ordering Chinese for dinner, Erin, dear you see more than welcome to stay".

My mom always approved of visitors. It was the outgoing personality trait of her that I clearly didn't inherit.

"Sure Mrs. S thanks, I'll text my mom now". Erin half yelled over the tv. Whoops, forgot about the tv we probably should've turned it off.

An hour later we had Chinese food and all talked and ate. It was my favorite part of the day, everyone being together and happy about life and the delicious food in front of us. At around 10 Erin went home, we did have classes in the morning, mine at 9:30 and hers at 11:00.

After she left I went upstairs to shower. Standing underneath the warm water letting it flow down my body was incredibly relaxing, and I could only wish that I had someone to shower or take a bath with. Call me a romantic, but I love thinking about my future partner and family.

After awhile the water started to get cold, and I knew my brothers were going to yell at me for using all the hot water. I'd might as well just go to bed, I had to be up in a couple hours and I needed some sleep. Climbing out, I wrapped myself in my green towel, and did my nighttime routine before climbing into bed and falling asleep, thinking about my future wife.

And that's a wrap for the 1st chapter. Thank you for reading it and please vote/comment on my writing, since this story is just for fun and I've never done this kind of thing before. Please only constructive criticism though, this is completely for fun.Thanks again and see you soon!
                               - Jane