Shadows

The sky was a burned red with the earth itself seemed to sizzle with heat. Merry found herself bewildered yet angry. All around her were stalls and cages. If she had to name this place it would be a slave market. A large one at that, in fact on their decent down here she could see the entire planet looked the same.

"This place feels amazing!" Ash shouts as her hair flares into golden flames

"This place is awful." Merry says

"Eh seen worse anyway Hey captain where were going?" Ash says

"Ugh. This is the city of brass it's the biggest market on the planet. If there's a large enough transponder anywhere then its here." Spike says

"I finally realize what my mother is in the wrong but then I see this? Slaves? People buying others!? Sometimes I don't know what's the right choice." Merry says gritting her teeth.

"Easy there, were not here to pick fights. I might know a guy who can help us out." Spike says

"Is that old man coming?" Ash says

"No. He to feeble to even stand." Spike says

"I see then I'll stay behind too, I'd rather not see this place." Ash says

"Oh no! If I have to see this place then you have to as well." Merry says pulling Ash with her.

With a groan Ash complies narrowing her eyes at the ship before they take off. The market is bustling full of people of all kinds most humanoid in nature and others seemingly defying logic. The city of brass wouldn't have been so bad if not for the overwhelming amount of slaves being sold here. Merry glares in disgust as she see's people of all ages being bought and sold. She clenches her hand tight unable to bear it any longer when a warm feeling enters her body. Her previous fatigue vanishing she closes her eyes focusing on drawing the power in, with a exhale she opens her eyes. A faint glow exudes from them before it disappears now replaced with a smile.

"Magic! I can feel magic!" Merry says excitedly turning to Ash.

Ash takes a breath before exhaling letting her golden fiery hair flare up.

"I've said this to vice commander Lionett before but I believe magic and Ki isn't so separate as evryone thinks." Ash says curiously

"Oh great keep it down will ya? Magic is rare as it is. It won't do anyone any good to attract the wrong type of attention." Spike says pushing them along.

Before long spike tells them stick around here while he talks to is informant. Ash tells Merry to go with him to make sure they aren't being screwed over. While Ash sits outside the shop crossing her legs in a meditative pose.

She concentrates feeling the faint magically energy around her. She tries to absorb it but instead her inner ki flares up exuding itself outward.

"Dammit. Come on! If I can feel magic then that means i should be able to absorb it right?" Ash says concentrating once more.

She exhales letting out all of her Ki then immediately opens herself up to accept all the magic around her. She feels a burning sensation flow into her entire body as the magic around her starts to be absorbed.

"Not yet." Ash says through gritted teeth. As her hair now bursts into golden flames. Her eyes brightly burning.

"Ash what's happening! Wait your absorbing the magic around the area? How? No your absorbing it from everywhere? Ash you need to stop! There's a process to learning magic! If you don't have a proper vessel then you'll do some serious damage to yourself!" Merry shouts.