41. Traumatic event

"Kidnapped," Jungkook repeated.

"Yes. When he was five years old, he got kidnapped," Jin started.

"Luckily, he was able to track him. But it took us 2 days. And when we found him, he wasn't able to talk for a whole week. He's just staring at the window; he doesn't want to be alone; he can't even eat properly. My parents were so worried, so they called a psychiatrist to have him checked. They had a few sessions until Taehyung told the doctor about what happened," Jin said. The whole time, Jungkook was just listening. He felt his heart ache upon hearing the story.

"Taetae said that there are about five kids and the kidnappers let them watch horror movies in a dark, cold room. After one movie ended, another one would be played. He said that from time to time there would be a ghost and monster that would enter the room to scare them. We then found out from the kidnappers that they let some of their men wear costumes to scare the kids," Jin said, making Jungkook fist his hand in anger.

"They are insane. I hope they will never get away from what they did," Jungkook said with greeted teeth.

"They really are. And you know, they even let the kids drink alcohol until the kids are passed out. That also explains why Taehyung has a low tolerance for alcohol. The doctor said it's already in his mind that he needs to pass out every time he drinks liquor," Jin added.

"That's fucking insane. Thankfully, Taehyung was able to move on with his life. However, the trauma they left him is unforgivable," Jungkook said as he poked his inner cheek.

"Actually, he forgot about it. One day when he was having a session with the psychiatrist, he passed out. And then when he woke up and the psychiatrist asked him about the incident, he couldn't remember it. The doctor said that Taehyung has dissociative amnesia, where he blocks certain traumatic events. That day, we never mentioned about what happened and let him live his life. But then there are things that would never be the same, like the way he loves watching horror movies," Jin said with a forceful smile.

Jungkook sighed, trying to hide his anger. He was furious about what happened, and in that very moment, he promised to protect Taehyung at all costs. He promised to keep him safe. He will do anything so that Taehyung will never remember that traumatic event in his life.

A few minutes later, Jin excused himself and went to the bathroom. Jungkook immediately pulled out his phone, and a small smile formed on his lips when he saw a message notification from Taehyung.

 Jungkook immediately pulled out his phone, and a small smile formed on his lips when he saw a message notification from Taehyung