16. Brown envelope

"We are married, Jeon," Taehyung said in all seriousness, but Jungkook just fake-laughed at Taehyung's statement.

"Okay, Mr. Kim. Nice joke. Can I go home now? Because I need to talk to my girlfriend, she's being a brat again. So if you could tell me where's the way to the parking lot, please." Jungkook stated, making Taehyung irritated.

"Joke? You think I'm throwing a prank on you?" Taehyung asked, trying to control himself to burst out in annoyance.

"Possibly. I mean, you're definitely drunk. You reek of alcohol, and mind you, you have a low tolerance for it. What's up with you anyway?" Jungkook asked.

"Ugh!! Yes, I emptied a can of beer. I needed it to gather all my courage to tell you about this mistake we made three years ago. And aside from that, I'm so fucking stressed! I'm getting married next year. I waited for this moment for a long time, only to find out that I'm already married with you." Taehyung almost yelled at how stressed he was.

"It still doesn't make sense. I only met you today, and I have had a girlfriend for 6 years, so your claim is impossible." Jungkook stated.

"Exactly! That doesn't make sense at first since, as far as I remember, I haven't met you as well. But here!" Taehyung said, slamming the brown envelope to Jungkook's toned chest.

"See it for yourself. I've already visited the chapel and asked about it, you might want to go there as well since I heard you've been giving them donations for a few years now. Once you're ready to talk about it, let me know." Taehyung said.

"What's this?" Jungkook asked.

"Check it once you're home. Make sure to hide that file. No one knows about this mistake, I hope you can also keep it a secret until we solve the issue. Just walk straight, then right, you'll find the parking lot there. Taehyung said before turning his back to Jungkook, who's still confused about what just happened.

Taehyung was about to walk back to the mansion, but he almost stumbled because of dizziness. Luckily, Jungkook was quick to catch Taehyung in his arms.

"Watch out!" Jungkook almost yelled in panic.

"Your legs are too precious to have a scrat-fuck! Stop Jungkook!" Jungkook thought to himself as he still held Taehyung in his arms.

Taehyung was looking at Jungkook with puppy eyes. The older man finds him even more adorable, but then he shrugged his thought off keeping in his mind that he has a girlfriend.

"Mr. Jeon, please. I really need your help. What happened three years ago was just a mistake. I want to marry my fiancé, so please. Let's think of a plan so we could file a divorce." Taehyung said, pleading to the young CEO.

Jungkook doesn't know why, but he felt a pang in his chest. He couldn't understand why he felt sad about what Taehyung wanted. He couldn't have feelings for him, right? He couldn't even be attracted to Taehyung because he's straight—definitely straight—and has a girlfriend.

The older man then nodded and helped Taehyung stand on his own. Taehyung then bowed his head before running back inside the mansion.

Jungkook just sighed, turned his back, and walked through the path leading him to the parking lot.

Jungkook then got inside his car and started the engine before heading out of the mansion. The whole drive, he was thinking about what Taehyung had mentioned, that they are married. He doesn't know why, but part of him was happy, but then the image of Jennie pops up in his mind, making him eager to file for divorce.

A couple of minutes had passed, and Jungkook finally reached their mansion. He hurriedly got off his car as a man took over and parked the young CEO's car in Jungkook's personal parking lot.

Jungkook, on the other hand, heads straight to his room, still holding the brown envelope Taehyung gave him. He still has no idea what's inside the envelope, and he made sure to check it.

He decided to take a bath, first placing the envelope on his nightstand before going inside the ensuite. A couple of minutes later, he dried his body and put on a comfortable set of clothes before he sat on his bed, back against the headboard. Jungkook looked at the brown envelope on his side table. 

"Are we really?" He thought to himself.

He was having second thoughts about opening the envelope. If he were being honest, he knew to himself that he's not yet ready for marriage; that's also the reason why he hasn't proposed to Jennie yet. But he loves Jennie, sure, he sometimes looked at other people, but he would never cheat on her the same way Jennie did to Jungkook three years ago. 

Jungkook sighed before he picked up the brown envelope and slowly opened it. He slid the white paper out of the envelope, and he just groaned and closed his eyes for a couple of minutes, one hand pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration when he saw what was inside.

"Damn! Is this even real?" Jungkook thought to himself.

He looked at the paper again to scan every detail of their marriage certificate, making sure that it wasn't a forged document. 

"Damn! It's really the chapel we're supporting! It's even my signature, and we've been married for 3 years already? How the fuck that happened?" Jungkook asked himself as he tried to remember how he ended up being married. 

He checked the date once again, and all he can remember is when someone sent him a picture of Jennie kissing another guy back in Seoul while he's at Nami Island for work. After he received the photo, he decided to get drunk at the club near where he stayed, and the rest was history. 

"This can't be happening. I should file for divorce immediately before it ruins my relationship with Jen." Jungkook thought to himself as he fisted his hair.

Jungkook, without thinking, immediately messaged his secretary to cancel all his schedules for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. He also informed her that he would not attend work for two days. 

Before he lay on his bed, he made sure to hide the document in his cabinet, making sure to lock it and hide the keys so no one would see it, as it was just a mistake. After securing the certificate, he then lay flat on his bed, facing the ceiling. 

"Husband? Did he just call me husband?" Jungkook chuckled, remembering how Taehyung called him husband, unaware of the smile on his face before he fell into a deep sleep. 

◽◽◽◽

◽◽◽◽