31. Simple gesture

It was almost lunchtime the same day when Taehyung headed downstairs. He had to talk to his fiancé through Messenger while replying to inquiries from different agencies asking him if he could model for them. Jungkook, on the other hand, was in his office, as he had mentioned to Taehyung while they were having breakfast. He had a lot of documents to review, so his secretary sent him a soft copy of the documents.

Taehyung went directly to the kitchen and saw Mela getting some chicken from the fridge.

"Hello, Mr. Taehyung. Are you hungry? I can prepare a meal for you." Mela said

"No, thank you, but what are you planning to cook?" Taehyung asked.

"I was planning to make honey garlic chicken, but if you want something specific, then I'll cook it for you," Mela said, smiling sweetly.

"Actually, I'm craving beef and broccoli," Taehyung answered. 

"Sure, Mr. Taehyung. I'll cook that instead," Mela said before she returned the chicken to the fridge.

"Is it okay if I cook? You can just rest for a couple of minutes," Taehyung said with a smile.

"Of course, this is your kitchen. But I'll stay here just in case you need anything," Mela responded. 

"Alright. Then can you please get the beef while I prepare for everything?" Taehyung said as he rolled the sleeves of the hoodie he was wearing. Mela got the beef from the fridge, while Taehyung started to prepare all the ingredients.

He carefully got a bowl and mixed oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch all together and stirred until the sugar had dissolved.

When Mela handed him the beef cut into an inch-thick strip, Taehyung immediately poured the mixture of sauce over the meat, making sure the beef was fully coated. Once he's satisfied, he asks Mela to marinate the beef for 30 minutes and asks her to place the bowl in the fridge.

While waiting for the time, Taehyung asked Mela if she could slice the ginger, peel and smash the garlic, and cut the broccoli into florets, to which the girl gladly agreed.

While Mela was doing her assigned job, Taehyung took the time to ask the girl about her life.

"How old are you, Mela? I mean, if you don't mind me asking." Taehyung asked as he sat on the high chair. 

"I'm turning 31 this year, Mr. Taehyung." the girl answered.

"Seriously? You look young. I thought you're just like the same age as Jungkook." Taehyung said, making the girl giggle. 

"Do you have a kid or husband, perhaps?" Taehyung added.

"I don't have both, but I have a partner. We've been together for 5 years, and we're actually planning to get married this year." Mela said. 

"Oh my god. That's awesome. Tell me when you plan so I can help you with the preparation." Taehyung offered excitedly. 

"It'll be just a simple ceremony; our parents are against our relationship." Mela stated with a forced smile on her face.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear about that. But you know what? We'll make your wedding really special. You and your soon-to-be husband deserve an amazing wedding." Taehyung said as he imagined a wedding a girl deserves. 

"Actually, Mr. Taehyung, my partner is a girl. That's the reason our parents are against our relationship." Mela said, shocking Taehyung.

"Damn! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for being so insensitive. I just got carried away." Taehyung said, feeling guilty. 

"It's okay, Mr. Taehyung. Actually, I'm happy seeing you and your husband. I really hope someday me and my partner will be able to be as happy and in love as the two of you." Mela stated. Taehyung felt his whole body heat, and he's unconsciously blushing at what Mela said.

The two continue to talk about Mela's plan for their wedding. Taehyung volunteered to assist them in any way possible. Although Taehyung doesn't have experience having a decent wedding, despite the fact that he's technically already married to Jungkook, he still wanted to help Mela and her partner have a memorable wedding. 

After 30 minutes had passed, Mela took out the marinated beef from the fridge. Taehyung started to heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil was heated enough, he stirred in the ginger and garlic Mela had prepared. When the oil was flavored with ginger and garlic, Taehyung added the cut broccoli. A few minutes after the broccoli turned bright green and tender, he removed it from the pan and asked Mela to set it aside.

Mela handed Taehyung the bowl of the marinated beef as he stirred and tossed the meat until the sauce formed a glaze on the beef. Once Taehyung noticed that the beef was no longer pink, he asked Mela to return the cooked broccoli to the wok. He stirs everything for about three minutes until the beef and broccoli are heated through.