12. Phone number

The next day, Taehyung woke up in the afternoon, as he fell asleep when the sun was already rising. He didn't do anything; he just couldn't sleep as his thoughts kept bothering him.

Taehyung sighed as he felt exhausted. He didn't even do any physical activities to begin with, and he didn't know that thinking too much is also tiring.

Taehyung stretched his arms, making a satisfying moan. He then grabbed his phone and read all the messages, mainly from his best friend Jimin, his brother Jin, and his fiancé Bogum. He doesn't want to stress himself, at least not when he just woke up, so he decided to call his fiancé to remind himself not to give up on the situation he has because Bogum is worth it.

"Hi, babe. Did you just wake up?" 

"Yes, babe. How's your day? Have you eaten?" 

"I'm about to eat lunch. When are you going back?" 

"I'll be driving back to Seoul any moment, I just had to prepare."

"Dinner tonight?" 

"Sure, babe." Taehyung responded with a beautiful smile on his lips.

"I just have to visit Hyung first, then we can have dinner." Taehyung added. 

"Sounds like a plan then. How's your shoot, by the way? You didn't send me any behind-the-scenes photos.' Bogum asked, pouting as if Taehyung could see him.

Taehyung, on the other hand, doesn't know what to say, as he hasn't thought of any reason yet. Going there was so hard for him to lie, now he had to lie again about why his so-called photo shoot didn't push through. 

"I... uhm.. I-I" 

"What happened???! Did they ask you again to show more of your skin?" 

"Yes! They wanted me to pose something sexy, like just underwear. An aestethic sexy photo shoot. Something like that, so I declined." Taehyung said as he sighed, feeling guilty for continuously lying to his fiancé.

"It's okay, babe. I will never allow you to do such a photo shoot."

"I know, babe." 

"I have to go, babe. I have another meeting at 2, and I need to eat lunch before my fiancé scolds me again for skipping meals. You see, my fiancé is so angelic and adorable, but he's scary like his brother when he gets mad." Bogum said, making Taehyung laugh.

"I'm sure your fiancé only cares about you, that's why he scolds you sometimes." Taehyung said.

"I know, and I care about him too. I can't wait to marry him." Bogum whispered. Taehyung's heart skips a beat at how sincere Bogum is.

"I do too, babe. I love you." Taehyung said with a faint smile on his lips.

"I love you too, babe. Drive safe, okay? I'll see you tonight." Bogum responded, and Taehyung just nodded as if Bogum could see him.

After Bogum ended the call, Taehyung sighed again. He buried his face in the soft pillow. 

"Everything will be okay. I promise, babe!" Taehyung yelled through the pillow. 

He stayed laying on the bed for a few more minutes before he decided to take a bath and prepare for his departure, going back to Seoul. 

It was 5:30 in the afternoon when Taehyung arrived at their company. He went straight to his brother's office, using the private lift. Jin was in a meeting at that time, so he decided to sit on the couch and wait for the meeting to end. 

He grabbed his phone inside his expensive bag and decided to scroll through his social media accounts. He was about to tap his Instagram account, but he heard a phone vibrating, which caught his attention. He just ignored it, though, and thankfully, the irritating sound of vibration disappeared. But not even a minute had passed when it started to vibrate again, causing Taehyung to groan in irritation.

"I'm having a quiet and peaceful time here, and you just have to ruin it? Didn't I deserve a calming silence for a couple of minutes?" Taehyung said as he stood up and followed where the sound of vibration was coming.

He walked to his brother's table, which was quite messy because of the papers scattered on the table. He then saw his brother's phone settled on the table. 

Taehyung stood still, looking at the screen as he waited for it to vibrate again, and as if on cue, the phone started vibrating once more. His eyes widen, and his heart beats fast as he sees the caller ID on his brother's phone—it was Jeon Jungkook, his husband.

He didn't know what to do or whether to answer the call or not. Maybe he's calling his brother to talk about business, so he might as well leave it to his brother. Another thought pops into his mind. He was pacing back and forth as the phone continued to vibrate, ignoring him as he's in a battle with his own thoughts. 

""Should I ask Jin Hyung for Jungkook's number? No. He will ask why I need it, then I have to lie again. No, that's a bad idea. Should I get it without asking Hyung? Hmm. I think it's less sinful than laying again, right?" Taehyung thought to himself.

And with that, Taehyung grabbed his brother's phone, waiting for Jungkook to stop calling.

"Ugh! Can't you just call later?? Let me get your number first!" Taehyung said, looking at the screen where Jungkook's name was on display.

After a few more seconds, the vibration finally ended. Taehyung immediately unlocked his brother's phone. Of course it has a password, but it seems like Jin didn't think of a password that is hard to guess.

"Of course it was their wedding anniversary. Very Seokjin," Taehyung said as he giggled.

He immediately went to the phone book and searched for Jeon Jungkook's name.

"There you are."

Taehyung then immediately sent Jungkook's number to him using his brother's phone. Once he received the message, he immediately deleted the last message on their conversation screen from Jin's phone. And just in time, Jin entered the room, making Taehyung jump in shock.

"Oh my god, Jin Hyung!"

"Hello to you too, my dear," Jin said as he pecked his brother's forehead.

"Why are you holding my phone?" Jin added as Taehyung handed him back his phone.

"It keeps on vibrating. I thought it's Namjoon Hyung," Taehyung said, feeling guilty again for lying. He ended up lying again. He's so disappointed in himself.

"It's okay, dear. Actually, it was Jungkook who's calling. Remember we had a meeting a couple of days ago?"

"Yeah. What about him?"

"He's already at the parking lot, he's going here. You should meet him."

◽◽◽◽◽

◽◽◽◽◽