20. Stay the night

It was 10:30 in the evening when Taehyung arrived at their mansion. He felt sorry for Bogum since instead of him taking a rest at their house, he's at their house waiting for him to arrive. He saw how exhausted his fiancé was. Sure, it's because of work, but instead of him helping Bogum rest, he worried him, which added to his stress.

Taehyung sighed as he saw his fiancé in deep sleep on their couch, in an uncomfortable position. He took his time to admire his sleeping fiancé, but instead Taehyung saw the bags under his fiancé's closed eyes; his skin was getting dry, and he even lost weight. His lips are even chapped in dehydration. Taehyung sighed at the sight of his fiancé.

"He even forgot to take care of himself," Taehyung thought to himself, a frown forming on his lips. He caressed his fiancé's soft locks before placing a soft and gentle kiss on top of Bogum's chapped lips, causing the boy to wake up from his sleep.

Bogum immediately cupped Taehyung's face, who's kneeling in front of him with sad eyes.

"What happened, babe?" Bogum asked, worried at his fiancé, who's looking so sad. Sad and guilty.

Taehyung shook his head with a forceful smile at his fiancé. A forced smile that is easy to notice.

"Is everything okay?" Bogum asked, worried, to his fiancé. Bogum then carefully carried Taehyung and helped him sit next to him on the couch.

"Did something bad happen?" Bogum asked again.

"Nothing. I'm just... guilty," Taehyung said, head low.

"Guilty about what?" Bogum asked, caressing Taehyung's side.

"Lying to you," Taehyung thought to himself as he tried his best not to break down in front of his fiancé.

"F-for worrying you and not updating you," Taehyung said, not looking into his fiancé's eyes. Bogum chuckled, causing Taehyung to look at him again.

"It's okay, babe. You don't have to update me every now and then. But at least let me know if you have plans so I can understand if you're not answering your phone. This is the first time it happened, so I was worried that something bad happened to you." Bogum said before placing a soft kiss on Taehyung's forehead.

"I'm so sorry." Taehyung said, not wanting to utter another lie. 

"It's okay, babe." 

"I should get going. Go to your room so you can rest." Bogum added before he stood up, stretched, and yawned. 

Taehyung held Bogum's wrist, looking at his fiancé with guilt and love. 

"Stay the night." Taehyung said with a faint smile. Bogum smiled before he planted a kiss on Taehyung's hand.

"As much as I love to, I don't want to be on Jin Hyung's bad side. I promise him not to touch you, not until we're married." Bogum said, smiling genuinely at Taehyung.

"I insist, babe. I'll talk to him tomorrow." Taehyung responded.

"Lead me to the guest room then." Bogum answered, helping Taehyung to stand up. Taehyung shook his head and smiled at his fiancé.

"You'll sleep in my room, mister." Taehyung said as the two giggled.

"I'll be dead meat tomorrow, I swear!" Bogum said, making Taehyung giggle and forgetting about the problem he's facing by just hearing his fiancé's laugh.

The two walked upstairs with Bogum's arms wrapped around Taehyung's waist.

"You're not taking care of yourself, babe. You lose weight; you look pale and dehydrated. Have you skipped meals?" Taehyung asked as they continued to walk their way towards Taehyung's room.

"You should give me love. I miss your cooking, babe," Bogum responded, pouting at his fiancé, making Taehyung giggle.

"I'll make it up to you, babe. Stop pouting; it doesn't suit you." Taehyung said with an eyeroll that made Bogum chuckle.

When they arrived at the room, Taehyung handed Bogum one of his oversized shirts and a boxer short for him to change into. After changing his clothes, Bogum laid down on his fiancé's bed. Taehyung then heads to the ensuite and takes a bath.

After drying his body, he put on some comfortable clothes and headed out, only to find Bogum already in a deep slumber.

Taehyung sighed as he walked closer to his sleeping fiancé before sitting next to him in bed. He caresses Bogum's cheek as he stares at his fiancé's face.

"I love you." Taehyung whispered before placing a gentle peck on his forehead.

"I promise I will fix everything and marry you by next year." he thought to himself before grabbing his phone, heading out to his room's balcony, and closing the glass door before searching for his best friend's name. couple of rings before Jimin answered his phone.

"Hi Tae." Jimin said, whispering

"Jimin? Why are you whispering?" Taehyung asked.

"Ahh. uhmm. Nothing. Why did you call? Everything okay?" Jimin asked. Taehyung raised his eyebrow, confused about his best friend's behavior, but he shrugged it off.

"I was able to talk to Jungkook." Taehyung answered.

"That's good. What did he say?" Jimin asked, still whispering.

"He also went to Nami Island, and he said he would cooperate." 

"That's good to hear, Tae. What's your next plan then?" Jimin asked.

"We agreed to meet tomorrow with our lawyers so we could sort things out." Taehyung answered.

"Can you give me the number of the lawyer you've mentioned?" Taehyung added.

"Of course, dear. I'll send you his num-."

"Baby, what are you doing? Come back to bed." A voice of a man was heard on Jimin's side, which surprised Taehyung but smirked nonetheless.

"Baby, huh? So you're with someone? Are you keeping a secret from your best friend?" Taehyung playfully asked. Jimin was a wild one, but he's not the type to have a one-night thing with anyone, not unless he's really, really interested in you.

Unlike Taehyung, Jimin is not a virgin anymore. He had sex with his almost-boyfriend, however, the guy met a girl and left Jimin hanging. The boy said he realized that he's not gay. Bullshit right?

"No, I'm not. I'm watching a series. Anyway, I'll just send you his number. Got to go. Love you, Tae." Jimin said, and the call got disconnected right away, not giving Taehyung a chance to speak.

"Wow, rude!" Taehyung whispered.

Taehyung then looked for a place where he and Jungkook, together with their lawyers, could meet and talk privately. After booking a place, he received a message from his best friend. 

Taehyung then immediately messaged Yeonjun, and the others agreed to meet him up tomorrow

Taehyung then immediately messaged Yeonjun, and the others agreed to meet him up tomorrow. However, the said lawyer asked to meet Taehyung earlier so that they could talk about the case. After he settled everything, he messaged Jungkook and went inside to sleep next to his fiancé.

He lay next to Bogum before turning off the lamp shade. Taehyung grabbed Bogum's hand and placed it around him before he snuggled closer to his sleeping fiancé. After a minute, Taehyung fell into a deep slumber, enjoying the warmth of having Bogum beside him.

 After a minute, Taehyung fell into a deep slumber, enjoying the warmth of having Bogum beside him

◽◽◽◽◽