44. Confess

"Hi, soon-to-be brother-in-law, where's my fiancé?"

"What are you doing here?" Jin inquired, unable to stop his mouth.

Taehyung and everyone else who heard Jin were stunned, including Jin himself, because the way he asked sounded harsh.

"Uh, I'm sorry," Bogum responded, unsure whether he heard the elder man correctly.

"Oh, I mean, come in," Jin responded, chuckling awkwardly. Jin then turned to Taehyung and mouthed, "What the fuck did I say? This caused the youngster to shrug his shoulders.

Jimin and Bogum entered the living room. Bogum quickly clutched Taehyung, unintentionally pushing Jungkook to the side. The CEO poked his inner cheek, not because Bogum pushed him to the side but because of the way he hugged his husband.

"Babe, I missed you. Why didn't you inform me you were going home?" Bogum questioned.

Jimin and Jin quickly looked at Jungkook, who was clearly annoyed. Taehyung, on the other hand, felt terrible for Jungkook, but more so for Bogum because he no longer felt the same way. He didn't even miss him; he had completely forgotten that his fiancé existed and that Bogum was the reason why he pushed through faking his relationship with Jungkook in order to seek a divorce and marry his fiancé.

"I'm sorry" was all Taehyung said. He apologizes because that's the moment he realized he's truly in love with Jungkook. He didn't know when, but he knew his feelings for Jungkook were stronger compared to his feelings for Bogum. He knew they had only just met, yet it felt like their souls had been together for a long time.

Bogum pecked Taehyung on the forehead, releasing him from his hold.

"It's fine, babe. I know you were busy and wanted to rest," Bogum remarked, forcing Taehyung to smile. When he saw Jungkook's expressionless face, his smile faded into a frown.

Taehyung has no idea what his husband was thinking—whether he would still join them or return home to their house. He wasn't anticipating that Jungkook would still return to their hidden home after seeing how Bogum had claimed him. Although Jungkook hasn't fully revealed his affections for Taehyung, the way Jungkook told him he loved him over the phone a few minutes before is enough for the younger to know that the CEO has feelings for him, and it's understandable if Jungkook was jealous of Bogum.

"Let's go to Veranda," Jin suggested, purposefully interrupting Bogum and Taehyung.

"You go first. I'll just drink pain reliever," Taehyung said.

"What happened? Pain reliever for what?" Jin inquired, concerned about his brother.

"I slipped while taking a bath, and my lower back hurts," Taehyung responded.

"Damn. Babe, are you okay?" Bogum inquired, tenderly rubbing Taehyung's back.

"I'm fine, Bo," Taehyung simply said, taking Bogum's hand from his lower back.

"Why are you still here?" Namjoon inquired as he walked down the stairs to see everyone still in the living room.

"Thank goodness you're finally here," Jin said, rolling his eyes at his husband for taking so long to get dressed.

"You go first with them; lead Jimin and Bogum to Veranda," Jin instructed.

"How about him? Why is he here anyway?" Bogum remarked, pointing at Jungkook.

"He's my guess, Bo. Where's your manner?" Jin asked, irritable.

"Sorry, Hyung," Bogum apologized before following Namjoon to Veranda, leaving Jin, Taehyung, and Jungkook in the living room. Jimin, on the other hand, was simply observing the scene and choosing not to speak out.

"Gukk, can you help Taehyung sit on the sofa? I'll just get the pain reliever," Jin asked, purposefully allowing the two a little privacy to discuss anything they have to before the dinner.

Jungkook simply nodded and held Taehyung's waist, helping him walk towards the couch.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jungkook questioned, not wanting to discuss Bogum.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung said as they sat on the couch. Fortunately, the mansion was so large that Bogum couldn't see them from outside.

"For what love?" Jungkook inquired, already knowing where the conversation would lead.

"I didn't know why he was here," Taehyung responded, lowering his head.

"It's okay. He's your fiancé anyway. If there's someone who shouldn't be here, that would be me," Jungkook simply said as he gently massaged Taehyung's lower back.

Taehyung instantly looked at Jungkook and observed that his eyes were filled with unspoken feelings.

"But you're my husband," Taehyung muttered, which made Jungkook smile.

"Only for six months, though," Jungkook softly replied, but it stung him deep down.

"Kookie,"

"It's okay, Tae,"

"I too," Taehyung simply answered, confusing Jungkook.

"You too, what? I don't understand love," Jungkook said, tilting his head to the side.

"I, too, don't want a divorce," Taehyung honestly said. Jungkook wasn't able to respond; he was contemplating whether he heard Taehyung clearly.

"I'm sorry, love. You too, what??" Jungkook inquired, bewildered. He assumed that his hearing was deceiving him.

"I said I don't want a divorce, love," Taehyung said, smiling shyly.

"Oh, my god, Tae," Jungkook muttered, smiling as he cupped Taehyung's face.

"Aside from Kookie Hyung, can you keep calling me that?" Jungkook asked, crunching his nose, making Taehyung giggle.

"Will do, love," Taehyung responded, which made Jungkook blush.

"I love you," Jungkook said softly, his eyes full of emotion.

"I love you, Kookie Hyung,"

Jungkook couldn't help but smile; his heart was racing, and his stomach felt like it had been filled with butterflies. Sure, he was jealous and angry earlier, but those emotions faded when Taehyung confessed to him, and Jungkook knew that he needed this assurance.

"Are you going home tonight?" Jungkook inquired.

"Yes," Taehyung responded.

"Are you sure? Can you drive? You know I can't take you with me. Jin Hyung would ask," Jungkook told him.

"Can't we find a way so i could go home with you tonight?" Taehyung asked.

"I'll try, baby," Jungkook responded, before kissing Taehyung's lips. It was quick because there were not only two of them in the mansion.

The two were overjoyed because they could finally say the things they had always wanted to say to each other. Both of them didn't need to say lovely things about how they must convey their feelings for each other because simple, sincere I love yous were sufficient. Both refused to think that Bogum was present at the time, but Taehyung planned on speaking with Bogum and confessing everything that had happened.

"Husband? Home? Oh my god, what's going on?! You're dead meat, Jeon Taehyung. Seriously! Oh dear, you have a lot of explaining to do!" Jin whispered as he silently giggled, hiding behind the wall and having been eavesdropping the entire time.

◽◽◽◽◽