[M][TW] Wrong Decisions

Sana's POV

Everything just fell into place. As if everything was planned all along. Although it never felt forced.

Maybe it's the romantic side of me, but I've believed in fate ever since.

Fate. Destiny. Predetermination. But although I believe in those, I never blamed them for all the bad things that happened in my life. For me, a lot of things come into play in terms of our day to day life. Like how it was just a chance and a choice or your fate for the day. The thought of equating everything that happens in the world to something bigger than us is something a little ridiculous. We meet people, we meet friends, we lose jobs, we lose people... a lot of highs and lows of life that can't be just because of something as simple as 'meant to be'. We all have choices in life.

There will always be a choice. A choice to who you open yourself with. Your job choice. Sometimes, we even choose to lose people. Well, sometimes it's your choice, sometimes it's theirs. Shit happens. And the best thing that we can all do is to focus on something else, to at least somehow alleviate the pain that we felt due to loss and suffering.

And it's true that we can't see the future, but we could definitely do something about the present. We shouldn't just sit around idly and let 'fate' happen. I believe in destiny and serendipity, but I never rely on them. I still believe in working hard. Because that's how life works. It's just that not everything that you want will happen, and that's how fate comes into play. If you're sure that you tried your best but you never got what you wanted, maybe there's something that you need that's better than the one that you're trying to achieve.

I have never given Dahyun much thought before all these - not for how she looks, or how she's my boss's daughter, or for how popular she is, or for how intelligent and eloquent she is.

But that's the thing, we were both willing to let go of our heart's desire for the sake of making sure that our baby will grow up with a complete family. So yeah, it's suffice to say that sacrificing for the baby would always be worth it. Plus, Dahyun could go shopping for cars in any country with just a swipe of her card, fly us to any part of the world back and forth in just one night, bring me to any restaurant, and make me feel comfortable in any way. I'm just glad that she somehow also wanted to do all those things with me.

___

At 18 weeks, we already have another confirmation from Dr. Chou that everything is going smoothly, and all the vitals of me and the baby were all great.

"You're lucky, that's the last cotton candy ice cream that is available in the store." she said as she sat beside me on the couch, while her eyes though tired, still looked full of happiness. Placing the ice cream and the spoon on the coffee table in front of us. She leaned beside me and took a peek at the laptop that was opened in front of me. "Oooh, you're checking out antenatal classes?" Taking the laptop from me and scrolled through the calendar and slots before looking at her phone.

I shuffled closer to her and leaned against her arms, resting my head on her warm shoulder as I started to open the ice cream that she bought. Scooping for myself and offering her some too.

"The schedules are good, I could definitely work around these. Oh, and we should also decide on the nursery design." She suddenly asked, dropping her phone into her side while shifting slightly to look at me.

She was so close to me, with her warm eyes focused on me solely. Her soft hair flowing beautifully to her back. And without thinking ahead, I moved to touch her hair. Dahyun has these beautiful mono lidded eyes, and I wonder what would our kid inherit from her. Is it her eyes? Her nose? Her intelligence?

Shaking my head, I looked away from her and placed my palms on my beating heart.

"Yeah, we should definitely think of the design." She looked at me closely with her brows raised.