[M][TW] The Calm

Dahyun's POV

It has been a long week, and we barely have time to have a decent conversation. There's just a lot of shootings, proposals and deadlines on both our ends, and I realized that we were both exhausted, so I bought a little something on my way home.

It's Friday and there are fewer things to take care of compared to last week. But Sana unfortunately had to do something, so when I got home, she was focused on her laptop.

In her defense, she said that she's not overworking herself. It's just that the bigger the projects that she handles, the higher the stress levels are, which I totally understand.

She sighed for the third time when I decided to get her attention.

"Babe? Do you want to just sit here beside me?"

She looked like she's thinking about it and replied, "I suppose that would be nice." She stood up and picked up her things and made her way towards the bed, "But babe, I really need to finish this so that I can relax tomorrow, okay? If you distract me, I would have to go back to the table." she said sternly as she slipped into the bed next to me, tucking her legs beneath her.

"I won't, I promise." I smiled at her as I kissed her on the cheek.

I began to rub her back as I started scrolling through my phone, I was not trying to get her attention. I just want her to feel calm beside me and to soothe some tension on her shoulders and back. And she just let me, as she kept typing email and proposals, while I continuously rubbed my fingers up and down her spine.

I smiled when I heard her small sigh of contentment, indicating that what I'm doing works.

After a while, she turned her laptop off and plopped her body on the bed. She settled beside me, as her breath evened out, indicating that she'll soon fall asleep.

"Babe?" I called. She opened her eyes and found mine quickly.

"Hi." she said, smiling at me sleepily, as I kissed her perfect nose. She placed her hand on top of my head and stroked my hair gently.

"I actually have something for you." I stood up and walked over to the corner of our room where our personal refrigerator is, taking the things that I brought, and went back to bed. I dropped the bag on her lap and placed the tub of ice cream on top of the bedside table. "I got you some ice cream, and candies that you told me that you love when we were doing groceries. And I also have some snacks for you."

She giggled as she pushed herself into a sitting position. Leaning forward to press a kiss on my lips.

"I married the sweetest person on earth." she cooed. My heart felt happy.

I smiled as I combed her messy hair using my hands. "I'm only sweet because I love you. I'm still an asshole through and through."

"Okay, tough guy." she rolled her eyes at me. "What's that?" pointing at my bag, which looks so full.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" I stood up and got the items inside my bag, "I also saw these cute onesies. The store says that they have something for the whole family."

I placed the items beside Sana. One was a dinosaur, one was a hamster and the smallest one was a chicken.

"And they are supposed to be a family?" Sana asked while giggling and checking the clothes. "You really are something else."

_____

The following night...

"Mama? What was your dream job?" Yuri suddenly asked. She's currently trying to draw something for her homework, and I can't quite understand the meaning behind it. She said that they are tasked to draw about their dream jobs, but she just drew three figures that look like us.