Love(d) You

Momo's POV

You could say that I am one of those people who really believes in fairytales. The likes of unconditional love, princesses, princes rescuing their princess, true love's kiss, that sort of stuff.

My family usually calls me naïve, or a fool, especially my cousins, because they were all engaged to be married to guys or girls who could strengthen our ties with the business world. But I always stand my ground and continue believing that true love exists, and up until now, without a shadow of doubt, I still believe in it. That's why I fully planned on refusing Dahyun's marriage proposal that night when we first met. But instead of rejection, all I did was marvel at the beauty in front of me, and I immediately wanted to take care of her. There was a certain sadness in her eyes that I could not comprehend at that time, and never in my life did I want to take care of someone.

I would go as far as saying that I really wanted to do something to fix her eyes, and make her happy.

So, when I fell in love with Dahyun, my family told me that this kind of thinking would eventually lead to a terrible heartbreak.

For most of our relationship, I didn't care what people thought about Dahyun or about us. I never took their comments to heart because I know who Dahyun is and I believe in her. Instead, I took them as a compliment, one that says that they are envious of what we have so they tried to bring us down.

Even though it was so tough to always act okay, or to decipher what Dahyun was thinking, seeing her smile somehow made it all okay. She never shied away from showing me her lowest points, and I was also there when she was able to try to build herself back up.

And she did. She successfully fixed herself.

But just when she finished placing the last building block, someone came in with a wrecking ball, and ruined it all.

So, when Dahyun accidentally took my dad away from me, then decided to break up, a lot of them told me that I should've listened to them earlier on. That the Kim family was already tainted and that because of me and my intense love for Dahyun, my father was gone, because I did not listen to their advice. And that if I listened, I would not be facing this total heartbreak.

And perhaps, my heart would still be whole if I did not fall for her.

I never understood why she needed to undergo such an emotional childhood.

She was not a bad kid, she was always the respectful one. I never even saw her mistreat any of their staff. She was also an obedient child, and even though she hated her father so much, she still respects him in a way. So I was wondering why the heavens choose to punish her relentlessly.

Maybe that is why even after all those years, I never got to the part where I hated her, nor I wanted to take revenge because of what happened.

Regardless of who we are right now, or who we are with, I can confidently say that I will never ever lose my feelings for Dahyun.

It may fade for a little, but she would always have a special place in my heart.

______

[During Dahyun's Hospitalization]

It was a regular evening, and I was lounging at the park near my place.

There were a lot of people around, wearing their happy faces, going forth to enjoy the rest of their evening. It was a weekend and almost everyone around was alive and going to parties and such.

But considering the fact that I might lose the love of my life, and for real now, I don't have any more energy to feel happy, or to think of positive thoughts.