TWO HALVES

Momo's POV // Flashback - College

I can't remember the last time that I felt content.

For a couple of months now, since Dahyun and I started to 'date'. I was able to sleep well, and to have a dreamless sleep. The warmest I've ever been, was when my upper body was snuggly wrapped in the fabric of a thick hoodie.

Dahyun's hoodie.

We were on a date when Dahyun noticed that I was feeling a little cold, so she took her hoodie off and gave it to me.

Right now, my cheek is pressed on her shoulders and as I tilt my head upwards, I am greeted by Dahyun's beautiful side profile as she looks outward towards the sea. From this angle, the sunset carved a shadow beneath her cheekbones and cast a regal aura, something powerful around her. Her lips were curved into a smile that I love the most.

I bit my lip to stop myself from sighing while I'm swooning. Everytime that I feel her gaze on me, there's always this admiration in her eyes, and I want to cherish each moment like that. I have a feeling that I won't be able to give up on her no matter what.

Idly, I smiled to myself, allowing my imagination to flare. It's nice, I think, to have someone like Dahyun who always wants me close to her, close enough that I feel the warmth coming off her heart.

The memory of my request to date her for real creeps up on me, a vision that I recall slowly as though exposed by my own yearning. A giggle escaped my lips, that made her lean backwards to look at me as I giggled a little bit more.

It was not her sole warmth that made me feel content, it was her overall demeanor towards me that works wonders in my soul. I didn't know when my longing for her started, but I am confident that it will never stop.

As she fully turned to look at me, her eyes walked over my features, bemused and somewhat pleased. She never has to mask her feelings when she's with me.

"Hi." she mumbled, suppressing a chuckle. "How long were you staring?"

"Not long." I giggled. Just a couple minutes.

Turning her head back to the view, "I thought you're asleep, but then I heard your stomach growl." She casts a sly smile.

I lifted my head in surprise, my eyes went wide. "You're kidding me!"

"No, really." she laughed, the sound gentle and serene. "I wondered how you are still hungry after all the eating that we did today."

"Fuck," I whined, lowering my head back on her shoulder. The warmth of her skin radiates even through the fabric, soothing me. "Was I mumbling?"

Dahyun chuckled, and nodded. "Yeah."

I pouted, embarrassed with myself. "Well, then I guess I can't do anything about that."

She looked at me again, her nose pressed against the crown of my head. "Don't you want to know what you said?"

Pouting a little more, I shook my head.

"I really like you, Dahyun-ah." She said, which made me confused.

"Narcissistic much?"

She chuckled, "That's what you mumbled, dummy."

My breath hitched, "No way!"

"Okay, Momoring." She kissed the top of my head. "Do you want me to take you home now?"

Her breath sent shivers down my spine as she didn't remove her lips on my head. She nestled a little closer, mistaking the quake in my bones for a cold chill and pressed herself against me, tucking my head under her chin.