[TW][M] Past and Present Future

TW: Guns, Death

Third Person's POV // Present

"Where do you think you're going, Hanbin?"

"W-what are you doing here?" Hanbin stopped in his tracks and stared at the person with wide eyes. He felt so scared, as he looked around and checked the surroundings.

"I—"

"Is the warning not enough for you?"

"No... I— I was just around the area..." He took a deep breath hoping that the person would believe him.

He was taken by the nape harshly, "Do you think that I'm a fool, Hanbin? Do you really want to make the same mistakes that you did years ago?"

"I just did what I had to do, you have to believe—"

"Do you think I fucking care? You ruined everything!" Hanbin was kicked on his stomach, making him fall on his ass. "You better go Hanbin, before I fucking put a bullet in that thick head of yours."

"Sana— she doesn't deserve this, please!"

"You don't get to decide what she deserves, Hanbin." The person took a gun out, "Now, will you start walking away, or I'll start shooting?"

"I-I'll go." He said before running away.

________

Third Person's POV // Past

Years ago, Dahyun lost it when she thought that her own uncle was the one who killed her mom. She overheard him talking bad about her mom, that led her to believe that he had something to do with her death. She almost killed him during their family gathering. That's the reason why her father sent her abroad to calm down.

When she vowed that she'll avenge her mother's death, she knows the risks that comes with it, and although she thought that she grew numb after years, learning that her mother's demise was planned pushed her off the edge.

Only this time, she did something permanent.

She went here to catch the one who murdered her mom, only to be stopped by someone.

With blood-soaked hands, Dahyun lets the gun clatter to the ground, as she sank on her knees, unable to move due to shock. She barely registered the sound of the gun clattering, as her heart rapidly pounds inside her chest, demanding to be released due to the pain and misery that she's feeling. But this incident will forever be like a permanent scar in her heart.

The sky continued to pour it's tears as she looked at the person in front of her, the city lights looked so far away from where they are hidden right now.

"Dahyun-ah," Mr. Hirai, her fiancé's father, called out as he struggled to sit up against the wall. His shirt was soaked with blood and rainwater. "Will you promise me something?"

Fucking promises. It is what got me here.

"I can't seem to keep my promises. I am hardly someone who should be entrusted with a promise." She thought to herself.

"Take care of my daughter," he mutters, "don't blame yourself for what happened. I— I won't be around to protect her anymore."

Dahyun shut her eyes due to so much guilt that seems to seep inside her bones, rooting itself inside and propagating like a virus inside her heart. Something that she could never get rid of. This is all my fucking fault. How am I supposed to take care of her daughter now?

"Mr. Hirai, please don't— don't say that, you'll be fine." Dahyun breathed, "I've already called my father."

The sky continues to shower them with bullets of rain— a bullet that Mr. Hirai had taken. Something that shouldn't have happened if she kept her cool.