Crystal

Sana's POV

Dahyun arrived shortly after I called her, because I was feeling nervous all of a sudden. I was still on the bed when I called her and waited for her to arrive.

Right now, she was actually downstairs, getting some milk. Then I felt a wet spot on the bed, and I felt discomfort as soon as I felt it, until I realized... that this is not me wetting the bed.

"Dahyun!"

I heard her scramble to run, "What, what?!"

"I think my water just broke."

She was frozen for a split second as she glanced from my face to my stomach, and then she was running around the room not wanting to waste time. She nearly knocked everything in her panic. Then she was instantly at the foot of the bed offering her hand to me, gesturing for me to take them so that she can help me up.

"Okay okay, I would be taking you to the hospital. Okay, so you need shoes. Sit back down," Dahyun instructs wildly, as if talking to herself, pushing me gently back onto the bed. I frowned at the action because it took so much of my energy to stand up just for her to make me sit again.

She rushed back into the room not even ten seconds later, with comfortable shoes in hand. She knelt in front of me and shoved the shoe ungracefully. Perhaps if I was not about to go into labor, I would find it endearing.

But, as it so happens, I am about to go into labor.

She didn't even tie the laces, she just tucked it on the sides of my feet before pulling me up on my feet again, desperately hurrying me to the car parked outside.

I'm used to seeing a frantic Dahyun, but right now she looks like she is about to have a heart attack, even as she turns the engine on and begins rushing down the road. If this was someone else, I would doubt that she knows the way to the hospital, but this is Kim Dahyun we're talking about so I have full trust that she knows where she's going.

"Dahyun, hey..." I said through deep breaths, I reached out to her arm and tried to calm her down as I saw how hard she's gripping on the steering wheel. "I'm okay, babe. The contractions haven't started yet, it's okay.. I'm okay."

"But I have to get you to the hospital so that you won't give birth here. I would not know what to do if that happens!" Dahyun said in a panicked voice.

"I'm not going to give birth in the car, Dahyun, calm down." I told her, giggling despite myself. I'm the one who's about to give birth but she's the one losing it.

I spent the rest of the drive trying to console her, promising that everything would be alright even if the uncomfortable feeling starts to show. I tried assuring her that the baby and I are doing perfectly fine. Dahyun was not having it though, not even as she pulled into the hospital parking lot and got me inside, not even when I was taken to the rooms in a wheelchair and a gown.

"Hey," she reached out to my hand and squeezed it a little bit. "It's going to be fine, you know that, right?" she told me with a soft but nervous smile, and I'm not sure if she's convincing me or herself.

"Yeah, I know babe."

Even if I tried shaking the nervousness away, I am now starting to get scared, not only because this is my first time, but this is the moment when we will determine if our baby will be healthy.

She kissed my knuckles as we waited, she feels so strong and safe no matter how anxious she is right now. "But Dahyun... what if..."

"No no, babe. We're not doing that. Okay, give me all of the negative vibes. You are already carrying our baby, let me be the one to carry all of the other burdens, okay?" She kissed my hands again and rubbed her thumb on my hand.