18💄

Today is my first day at my new job

Today is my first day at my new job. Tiffany is showing me the ropes and she's very sweet.

I'm nervous but Tiffany assured me I was doing great and it helps that I'm dating Holland's son.

We spent the day putting makeup on the shelves when Sidney walked over. "It's nice to have you on board Ayla."

"Thanks for having me here. I am so thankful for everything." I said.

"You are going to fit in just perfect. Do you have on Holl's makeup?" Sidney asked.

"I do. She took me upstairs to her room and let me pick a bunch of stuff so I figured I should wear the product." I smiled.

"That rock on your finger is beautiful!" Tiffany said.

"Thank you long story short it's Holland's and she let me borrow it to pretend that Hart is my fiancée or he couldn't get in the hospital room with my mom," I said.

"Oh, how is your mom?" Sidney asked.

"About the same really. The doctor said that she's not going to wake up."

"I'm sorry to hear that and if you need anything we all are here for you," Sidney said.

"I appreciate it." I smiled.

We put makeup up all day and when a lady came in to buy some of Poppy's lashes I recognized her.

"Do you remember me? I met you at one of the Sunday dinners." I said.

"Oh yes! You are Hart's girlfriend. I'm Luke's mom." She smiled.

"Daisy right?"

"You got it and well I love my daughter in laws lashes and lip glosses and I need to restock." She smiled.

"I can help you with that." I smiled grabbing the items she wanted.

"I love telling people that Poppy is my daughter-in-law." She said.

"Poppy is the sweetest. When I worked at the diner in town Poppy used to come in and bring me makeup from Holland's room." I said.

"Oh, that room is something else." Daisy laughed.

I took her upfront and checked her out and wished her a good day.

Tiffany walked over... "You have done so great! That woman is always in here.

"That's Poppy's mother-in-law," I said.

"Ooh, I had no idea." She laughed.

For the rest of the day, it went smoothly, and when it was time to go I decided I would go and visit my mom.

Once in the Jeep, I decided to text Hart to let him know where I was at.

📱 Hey Hart! I'm done at the store and I'm going to go set with mom for a while but I'll be back for dinner.

📱 Sounds good. I'm at a neighbors farm working on some horses. I'll see you soon.

📱 💜

📱 😘

I put my phone back in my pocket and put my seatbelt on and pulled out on the road heading to the long-term care.

When I walked into Mom's room there was a nurse at her bed messing with her Iv.

"Hi there Ayal. I'm just changing your mom's Iv."

"Any change?" I asked.

"No sorry nothing." She said shaking her head.

After she left the room I walked over to the bed and leaned down kissing her forehead. "I love you mom and I wish you would wake up. The Mavericks are so good to me I could never thank them enough."

I squeezed her hand and sit by her bedside for an hour when I decided to leave because it was almost dinner time.

When I made it back to the Ranch I walked inside Hart's house and heard the shower running.

I sit down on the bottom of the bed and decided to text my brother.

📱 Christian I just came from seeing mom and there is no chance I just thought I would let you know.

📱 Thanks for keeping me up to date sis. How are you doing?

📱 I'm great! I started my new job today at Glamor Global and it went well.

📱 I'm happy you are away from the diner and doing something you actually like.

📱 You and me both! Well, I gotta go its dinner time I just wanted to update you. Stay safe and I love you Christian.

📱 I'm doing my best. Love you too Ayla.

I slipped my phone in my pocket when Hart walked out with just a towel wrapped around his hips but it was hanging low.

"Hey! I didn't know you were here."

"I didn't want to bother you when I heard the shower going so I texted Christian to update him on mom."

"How was she, Ayla?"

"No change sadly," I said.

"I'm sorry Ayla." He said wrapping me in his arms in a bear hug.

"You better get dressed before I take that towel off of you and do dirty things," I smirked at him.

"Ayla I love your dirty mouth but you are right they are expecting us." He smiled.

I watched as he got dressed and then we walked up the hill holding hands to the main house.

When we walked in everyone was talking about the new piglets that Luke delivered today with Brennon's help.

"Oh, I want to see them. Can I?" I asked Luke.

"Of course you can Ayla. They are in the stables." Luke smiled.

"Hart I want to see them after dinner." I smiled at him.

"Sure thing." He said leaning over kissing the side of my face.

Clara brought out a huge meatloaf and all the sides and we eat and eat and it was so good.

Once we were done we said goodnight and Hart took me outside to look at the piglets and they were so cute all seven of them.

"Oh gosh when they get bigger I want to hold one." I laughed.

"That's how we ended up with Wilber and Wilhelmina." He laughed.

"Oh really? Did Poppy name them?" I asked.

"You know she did. She wanted to keep one and then dad told her she could keep two." He smiled.

I leaned over and kissed him. "Let's go home, Hart."

"I love the sound of that." He smiled linking his fingers in mine.