29🐎

We set and eat and laughed together and Ky and Tiff seemed to hit it off

We had a good conversation and when we were done sounded like Tiff and Ky had other plans to go walk in the park.

"You didn't want to go walk did you?" I asked Ayla.

"No Hart I'll pass on that. I'm ready to go home and lay down and sleep. I'm tired." She yawned.

"How is our little baby?" I asked.

"I'm guessing ok. I don't feel anything besides nausea sometimes." She laughed as we paid and headed outside.

"Bye guys!" I said helping Ayla in the jeep.

"I'm happy for Tiff. She needs a good man in her life." Ayla said.

"Ky needs a good girl as well. He's such a nice guy." I said.

"Yeah, nothing like Brody." She laughed.

When we got home we headed into the house and got ready for bed.

"I hope our friends have a good night and I know that Tiff will tell me all about it tomorrow." She smiled.

We cuddled in bed together and I wrapped her in my arms. "I'm sorry about Uncle Chad."

"It's not your fault Hart. He rubbed me the wrong way but with my hormones I may have taken it wrong as well."

"I'll talk to him if it keeps up," I said.

"No don't make anything out of it. He may have just been looking out for his nephew. I mean they really don't know me. I'm just a charity case that you brought in." She said.

"Hey, don't say that Ayla it's not true and you know it. You stole my heart from the beginning or I wouldn't have come in so much." I said kissing her shoulder.

"I love you Hart and I can't wait to marry you."

"I can't wait to marry you either. When do you want to get married?" I asked.

"Tiff said she would help me. I was thinking maybe something small with your family and maybe Christian around the gazebo?"

"That sounds great Ayla. Anything you want you know I'm ok with it even if we have to work around a good time for Christian." I said.

"Really you would do that Hart?" She said turning over.

"I would do anything for you Ayla and it's important that he be here," I said pulling her body close to mine.

"It's important to me as well." She said as she leaned in and kissed my lips.

I wrapped my arms around her and as she wrapped her arms around my neck our kiss turned passionate.

"Call Christian tomorrow and see when he can come in and that's the day we will have it," I said.

"I think I can do that." She said kissing my lips again before cuddling and falling to sleep.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of Ayla puking in the bathroom. I jumped out of the bed and went to hold her hair back.

"I'm sorry you're still puking."

"It's not your fault but technically it is." She smirked as she stood up to brush her teeth.

"That's why I feel so guilty. Think you can eat some breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah after I take my anti-nausea meds." She said.

I walked out of the bathroom and got dressed and went into the kitchen to grab her meds and brought them to the bathroom.

"Thanks, Hart I most definitely need these." She said.

She slipped on some clothing and we headed up to the main house.

When we walked in Uncle Chad walked over to us both. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday Ayla. I didn't mean to cross the line."

"It's ok Chad." She said.

"I didn't mean anything by it just looking out for my nephew." He said.

Ayla just shook her head and sit down.

"Sorry, Uncle Chad she's been sick this morning and not very talkative but thanks for apologizing even though she doesn't think you like her," I said.

"It's not that at all. I thought I was protecting you both." He shrugged.

I smiled at him and patted him on the shoulder before walking over and sit down.

"Hart I'm not sure I can eat. I'm just not feeling well." She said.

"Is it pregnancy nausea?" Poppy asked.

"Yeah I threw up before walking up here and I just feel awful," Ayla said.

"Clara makes the best grits and whenever I was nauseous it seemed to help. Maybe try some." Poppy said.

"Thanks, I will." Ayla smiled.

When Clara walked over Poppy asked if she could make Ayla some grits that she was pregnant sick.

"Oh yes dear, I'd love to make you some." Clara smiled at Ayla.

I hoped something would help her out because she looks pale and sick for sure.

I placed my arm behind her and pulled her in for a hug and I kissed the side of her face.

"Ayla are you ok?" Dad asked.

She went to speak but had to get up and run to the bathroom.

"Oh no, she's got morning sickness." Mom said.

By the time she came back, Clara had placed a bowl of hot grits on the table where Ayla was sitting.

"Just take slow small bites." Poppy said.

"Thank you!" Ayla said blowing on the spoon.

She seemed to keep them down and by the time we got back home, she was feeling much better.

"I'm not sure what was in those grits but it really helped and I didn't even think I liked grits." She laughed.

"Clara is magical I swear." I laughed as she walked out dressed for work.

She walked over and wrapped her arms around me. "I brushed my teeth so kiss me, Hart."

"It would be my pleasure. I love you so much, Ayla."

"I love you so much Hart and I can't wait to marry you."

"Call Christian on your way to work so we can set a date," I said kissing her again.