33💄

I'm a little sore but I'm so ready to go home but having Ryder laying on me asleep is the best feeling

I'm a little sore but I'm so ready to go home but having Ryder laying on me asleep is the best feeling. I can't wait to do this with my own baby.

When Hart walked back in he had this look on his face and I could tell something was wrong.

"Hart, what's wrong?" I asked.

"That stupid witch! It was Tacha! Ky saw her in town and she has a red SUV and the driver side is torn up with your paint on it look." He said handing me his phone.

I gasp when I saw her vehicle. "She did it on purpose then because she is jealous," I said.

"Can I see the pictures?" Worth said.

Hart handed his dad the phone and Worth made a horrible face.

Someone knocked on the door and when it opened it was two police officers. "You guys called?"

"Yeah, we have proof of who did this," Hart said.

"It's nice to see you awake Ms. Fox." One of the officers said while Hart showed his phone to the other officer.

"What makes you think this is the vehicle?" He asked.

"This girl has had a crush on me in school and she's just crazy and she saw us together not too long ago and showed herself. She's bound to know that we are engaged by now." Hart said.

"What is her name?" One of the officers asked.

"Tacha Moss," Hart said.

"We will find her and talk to her and take her vehicle into evidence and check it all out and we will let you know when we figure out things." The cop said.

"Thanks for everything officers," I said.

Once they left Worth and Holland left with Ryder and thankfully he stayed asleep.

"Hart, why do you think she would do that?"

"Because she's always wanted to be with me and she doesn't want to see me happy and you know she's heard about our engagement."

I watched as he paced.

"I've never given her a sliver of hope that I want anything to do with her and Ayla I swear if something would have happened to you or the baby I would have lost my mind." He said.

"I'm sorry Hart," I said.

"Ayla it's not your fault. But at one point the doctor said I may have to choose between you and the baby. I was going out of my mind."

"Oh, Hart I'm so sorry. I would never want you to have to choose."

"I talked to Christian and we decided together we would save you that maybe we could have a baby another time. I didn't want to lose either of you it was pure hell." He said walking over to me.

"Kiss me, Hart. I have missed your lips."

"God I have missed you so much. I can't wait to hold you in my arms again." He said.

"Come get in bed with me and let's cuddle," I said smiling at him.

"You don't have to tell me twice. I haven't slept worth shit trying to watch you sleep and praying you would come back to me."

"I'm sorry you were so worried while I was in a coma sleeping. I think my mom was watching over me."

"I think she was too and I'm thankful that she was." He said crawling in bed beside me.

As soon as he wrapped his arm around me we both dozed off to sleep until the nurse woke me up checking my machines and saline bag around 6 am.

"The Doctor will be in around 8 and more than likely will let you go home." She said.

"Thank you I sure hope so. I miss my bed." I laughed.

"I will be back in a few minutes and we are going to check the baby one more time." She said.

"Oh ok good." I smiled.

I watched her walk out the door and I tried to shake Hart awake.

"What's wrong?" He said looking over at me.

"Nothing is wrong but the nurse is coming back to check the baby and I thought you might want to be awake for that," I said.

"You know I do." He smiled.

"She said the doctor will make his rounds around 8 and will probably let me go home." I smiled.

"I'm so ready to get you back home." He said leaning over kissing my cheek.

The nurse walked back in with a machine and over to the bed. "Ready to see your baby?"

"Of course." I smiled.

"You know I have always heard how nice the Maverick family was but I had never met any of you and I must say I was pleasantly surprised because you guys are the nicest people." She smiled.

"Thanks, I appreciate that," Hart said.

"I'm not a Maverick yet but very soon." I smiled.

She squirted the gel on and we got to see our baby and it was moving all over the screen.

"You can't tell what it is yet can you?" Hart asked.

"No, not yet unfortunately but maybe by your next appointment if the baby has its legs uncrossed." She said.

"But the baby is ok?" I asked.

"Everything is perfect Ayla." She smiled.

When she walked out of the room I looked over at Hart... "I wish I had some makeup samples to give her. She's been the sweetest to me."

"I can make that happen." He said shaking his phone at me.

"Hart what are you doing?"

"Texting mom asking her to get down here with samples." He laughed.

"Your mom loves doing that." I giggle.

Hart laughed... "She's on her way."

About thirty minutes later the doctor walked in and said that I was all cleared and that he would release me.

Holland walked in with a bag full of samples and when I hit the call button and the nurse walked in her eyes got big.

"You have been so nice to me so we had Holland come with some samples for you," I said.

"Wow thank you so much." She said.

"Your welcome!" I smiled at her.