63🐎

Today I'm meeting up with Ky and Brody down at the beer garden

I haven't seen them in a while and honestly, I just don't have time anymore to meet up with them and really no desire to drink in a bar with my friends.

I have a beautiful wife at home and a loving son and daughter on the way and I don't need anything else.

I pulled up and walked in and found Ky at a table and Brody at the bar talking to a girl.

"Some things never change do they?" I asked sitting down.

"Why hell no. He has no boundaries. I don't even know why I'm here." Ky said.

"I'm feeling the same way. Before I got out I was like why am I here when I have a beautiful wife and son at home and a daughter on the way."

"A daughter? Congrats man I didn't know!" Ky said.

Brody walked over with three beers in hand. "Hey man!"

"Hey, Brody! Thanks!"

"Hart was just telling me they are having a girl," Ky said.

We clinked our beers together. "Cheers!"

We sit and talked a while when a girl walked up. "Are you three single?"

"Nope," I said.

"No," Ky said.

"I most definitely am why?" Brody said.

"Well, my friends and I wanted to know. Buy me a drink?" She asked Brody batting her eyelashes.

"Hell yeah, can I join you?" He asked.

"Sure." She smiled.

When he walked away I threw a few dollars down on the table. "I'm heading home how about you Ky?"

"Yeah man, I have a date with Tiff." He smiled.

"How is that going?"

"So good man. I think she's my person." he smiled.

"Happy looks good on you. Before you know it you will be just like me with a baby on the way." I laughed.

"I'm not sure about all that Hart but we will see." He smiled as we walked out together.

"Come over soon you need to see the new house!"

"Will do for sure. Later man!"

I waved at him and got in my jeep and headed home. I couldn't wait to see my beautiful wife and I'm so happy that I don't have to be like Brody.

When I walked into the house I found Ayla and Arrow in the kitchen. She was putting dishes in the dishwasher and he was in his walker moving around the kitchen kicking his little feet.

"Hey, beautiful!" I said wrapping my arms around her from behind.

"Hey there! Have fun with the guys?" She asked turning around kissing me.

"I did with Ky and I think Tiff is his person."

"Really? Did he say that?"

"He sure did. I told him he would be married with kids before you know it and be as happy as me."

"Give me another kiss even though you taste like beer." She laughed.

"I only had one and Brody bought it but he left us for some slutty girl. She came over wanting to know if we were single." I said.

"And just what did you say?" She asked arching an eyebrow.

"I said nope." I laughed.

"And Ky?"

"He said no."

"Those are good answers Hart Kane Maverick." She said.

"Wow using the whole name I see." I laughed.

"Are you ready for dinner? I know I am." She said.

"Yeah, I'm ready. I'll get Arrow and we can go." I said.

"Dada doo!" He said as I picked him up.

We got ready and headed out to the side by side and down to the main house.

When we went in people were talking and laughing and when dad saw us he took Arrow. He had Arrow on one leg and River on the other.

"I thought since Jess was with us I would make her favorite of sweetish meatballs with noodles," Clara said.

"Oh wow, Clara you know that is my absolute favorite," Jess said.

"We are happy you are home, Jess." Grandpa Jack said.

"We feel whole now that you are back," Austin said.

"Thanks, big brother." She smiled.

We gathered around the table and we always had room for one more it seemed. Grandpa Jack said the blessing and we dug in.

"Now our baby girl likes this because she is kicking up a storm." Ayla laughed.

"So what color are you thinking Ayla?" Mom asked.

"Umm I'm not sure yet but I was thinking purple and maybe a pale yellow?" Ayla said.

"What about you son what color are you thinking?" Dad laughed.

"I am thinking no color because I'm leaving this up to Ayla and Tiff and Poppy," I said.

"Oh I loved the purple butterflies we done for Wren but probably should have done birds." She laughed.

"I like my room." Jon Jon said.

"What does your room look like?" Ayla asked.

"It's blue with monster trucks!" He said.

"Oh wow I bet it's pretty!" Ayla said.

"It's not pretty it's manly dad said." Jon Jon giggled.

"Well excuse me." Ayla giggled.

She has such a way with kids. She should be a teacher not working in mom's makeup business.

I looked over at her and kissed her cheek. Sometimes I can't believe this is my life.

I've never been really religious but someone is definitely looking out for me and kicked my ass on the straight and narrow that led me right to Ayla.

Once dinner was over we went outside and I played football out in the yard with Jon Jon and Ryder.

"Uncle Hart swing me around!" Ryder asked.

"Me too!" Jon Jon asked.

"Uncle Hart! What about me?" Wren asked running over to me.

"Can I get some help down here swinging?" I laughed as Brennon came down into the yard.

After all the swinging around I sit down in the grass for a little bit and Ayla brought Arrow over and Luke came down with River.

"I think they are going to be best friends when they get older," Luke said.

"I sure hope so." I smiled.