56🐎

Things were slowly coming together

Things were slowly coming together. The house is so close to being finished and Jon Jon is coming and we still have to tell everyone about the baby.

Ayla went to work this morning and took Arrow with her.

"Uncle Austin is Jon Jon still coming Wed?"

"Yeah, and we are so excited. We have his room all ready for him." He smiled.

"Poppy said she would be glad to give some toys if you need them," Luke said.

"I appreciate you guys!" He said.

We finished up the upstairs bathroom before lunch.

We headed to the main house at lunch and it was weird with Ayla and Arrow not here but she texted me.

📱 I love you, Hart. 😘

📱 I love you x3 😍

📱 I'm going to stop when I get off work and pick up the shirt I had made for Arrow.

📱 Ok see you this evening.

I put my phone in my pocket and Chad looked over at me. "It's good to see you happy Hart."

"Thanks, Uncle Chad. We need to find you a good woman."

"Hell no, I like being single and able to mingle."

"He's just a slut." Emerson said laughing.

"Hey don't talk like that with women present," Dad said.

"Sorry, Clara I love you!" Chad said.

"I'd love to whip all of you." She said shaking her rolling pin.

"Oooh, the misses means business." Roger laughed.

"I was just being truthful." Emerson shrugged.

We finished lunch and headed back to the house. The hardwood floor was going down in the living room today while Brennon, Damon, and I worked on the bedrooms upstairs.

When 5 pm rolled around I was tired. I headed home and took a shower while waiting on Ayla to get home.

When she walked in I was sitting on the couch and she handed me Arrow.

"Dada doo!" He giggled.

"I'm going to dada doo you!" I said pretending to bite his neck.

"I'm going to put my stuff up and then I'll be ready for dinner." She said.

"Alright, I'll be right here with Arrow," I said.

When she walked back out she had a slime green shirt in her hand.  "Here is Arrows shirt."

It had arrows all over it and in the middle, it said promoted to big brother.

"I like it, Ayla."

"I'm glad you do. We will show it soon." She smiled and walked over to me and kissed me before taking Arrow to change his diaper.

I grabbed Arrow's fav toy and waited for them to come out of his room and when they did Arrow was giggling.

"Are you two ready to go see GG and Pappy?"

Arrow smiled real big. He loves my dad and I cant wait to see him every single time.

We got on the side by side and rode up to the main house and people were missing from around the table.

"Where are Uncle Austin and Aunt Rosa?" I asked.

"They got a call about the adoption and left early to travel," Dad said.

"So exciting! I can't wait to meet my new cousin." I smiled.

"All of us are excited about it," Chad said.

"Well, you are a pretty good Uncle," I smirked at him.

"You better say that since I'm helping build your house." He laughed.

"You aren't doing shit! You and Derrick are busy at Glamor Global you don't even get dirt under your fingernails." Emerson laughed.

"Ok fine maybe I don't help like I used to but I am busy running a business," Chad said.

"Running a business my behind. That's my business and I run it you just make the containers look pretty Chad." Mom said.

I couldn't help but laugh like everyone else at the table.

"Alright enough picking on Chad." Grandma Josie said.

"Let's say the prayer." Grandpa Jack said.

After the prayer, we all dug in. Clara made Chicken fajitas and they were delicious.

"So when are they coming back with Jon Jon?" I asked.

"I think in two days so we won't have Austin to help tomorrow but we will finish the living room flooring tomorrow," Dad said.

"That's fine with me whatever that needs to be done. I'm just happy that our dream is finally coming true." I said.

"Dada doo!" Arrow said.

"What does that mean?" Dad asked.

"Well, we watch scooby doo together and he just put it together I guess." I laughed.

"Well GG thinks it's cute Arrow."

"GG"! He giggled.

"Oh my gosh, he said GG. Give me that precious boy." Mom said getting up to take him.

"Arrow is talking up a storm and River don't hardly say anything. Maybe I need to take him to the doctor or something." Poppy said.

"Maybe he's a late bloomer," Ayla said hugging Poppy.

"Yeah, I'm just worried. Maybe a checkup would make me feel better." She said.

Luke kissed her cheek... "He's just fine Poppy."

Dinner was over and Ayla and Poppy helped Clara clean up while the rest of us went outside on the front porch with the kids.

"I hope Jon Jon adjusts well with this big family," I said.

"I think Ryder can be a big help to that right Ryder?" Dad asked him.

"Right Pappy! I like Jon Jon already." He said.

"You do? Are you going to share your toys with him?" Dad asked.

"I will think about it Pappy." He smiled.

"That would be a hard no dad. Maybe we should go out and get him some toys and stuff." I said.

"No, I think Austin already has that covered. He showed me Jon Jon's room and it's packed with items." Emerson said.

"Well, that's good to know," Dad said.

When Poppy and Ayla walked out we headed home and we got Arrow ready for bed.

Once he was down for the night we sit down on the couch and cuddled for a little while to wind down before getting ready for bed.

"I love just cuddling on the couch with you Hart."

"I love doing anything with you, Ayla," I said leaning over for a kiss.